Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Maryland - 01/04/21 @ 8:00 on BTN

So, Maryland cut back paying players for a season or 2, huh? And this is the resultant crap team they have. Get them while they are down because they will be back to paying players soon.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Maryland is entering the phase of the Turgeon cycle where, coming off a bad year, theyre inconsistent and bottom half of B1G, but athletic and talented. Give it a few years and the Terps will be back to elite status.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

GET WELL NEBRASKA!

We really need to play y’all.

We will eventually. Even if we get a COVID cancellation it will likely get re-scheduled for later. Big Ten set up several byes for this situation and it might not be bad to play this game later in yr when we are in middle of a tough stretch to get an easier game in between.

6 hours ago, rcs29 said:

1st off good win. 2nd Armaan being out hurts me to the core. Hopefully only a couple games. 3rd, and most important, Moana is my favorite Disney movie of last decade (I have a 3 year old daughter).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

We have a repeating list at this point. Moana, Tangled, Frozen 1 & 2, Cars 1, 2 & 3. Right now it's Moana 75% and Tangled 25% lol. 

Can you imagine the “NOOOOO” on Hunter’s late 3 shot if fans were allowed?
It would have been louder than Marco’s in the B1G tournament in Indy!
I’ll advised to say the least. Fouling 3 point shooters.etc.
Sure hope his basketball IQ improves post haste!

1st off good win. 2nd Armaan being out hurts me to the core. Hopefully only a couple games. 3rd, and most important, Moana is my favorite Disney movie of last decade (I have a 3 year old daughter).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Our best lineup tonight was RP, AD, JH, RT and TJD. Moana is solid!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good Morning!

- We beat a very questionable Maryland team without our best guard! We also did it without hitting a 3 in the 1st half while not scoring in 5+ minutes!

- The team never gave up. Yes it's hard basketball to watch, but they hung around and stuck it out with a much better second half performace!

-TJD looked like a Court 5 HPER player in the 1st half and then decided to turn it on in the 2nd. He has to find a way to be more consistent. With his limitations on offense and even defense, he needs to excel in other areas (body language,etc) if he wants to make it to the league. 

- Losing FRANK stinks! But I was proud of Phins effort on defense and ok performance on offense. He does the little stuff that doesn't show up on the news the next morning.

- Trey is still good. He very well might have the worst shooting form on the team, but he plays hard. Freshman looked ok last night considering their puppies. I like Jordan's effort. Kristian still has a ways to go. Perhaps this time without Frank will help Lander develop a bit?

- Great adjustments for Archie in the second half for our offensive looks, I liked his TO's, and enjoyed his ability to get the team to turn it around at the half. 

- Live and die by shooting! We hit a 3-4 three's in that first half and I think we're all sleeping good last night. Progress slowly.. 

GO HOOSIERS! 

47 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Will give props where it is due. The last three games IU is shooting 39/48 from the line for 81%. That has to be one of the best if not the best three game trend from the line under Archie. 

Team is now shooting 68.7% on the season and 76.6% in conference play. Keep it going!

We won by 8 and hit 7 more FT than Maryland. Gotta hit the free ones as ugly as we play.

I really liked the big lineup with Hunter and only 2 guards. It helped take some pressure off TJD and he performed well in the second half. I would like to see a starting lineup of TJD/Race/Hunter/Galloway and either Rob or Al depending on who’s hot. It matches up so much better to the big lineups we see in the Big. 

Will give props where it is due. The last three games IU is shooting 39/48 from the line for 81%. That has to be one of the best if not the best three game trend from the line under Archie. 
Team is now shooting 68.7% on the season and 76.6% in conference play. Keep it going!

Definitely the difference in the last two games. TJD seemed to be looking for the fouls in the first half instead of finishing strong. Once he realized he would get both going up strong in the second half he was unstoppable.

Still curious about Race and the potential over and back non call late in the game. He clearly was standing in our offensive end. Not sure if the ball had broken the time line plane. So which is it? Player or ball? Maybe I’m confusing football rules with the ruling 🤷‍♂️🤪

I would of called it over and back as he passed the ball back in the back court. Just a missed call by the officials? Anybody know?

Still curious about Race and the potential over and back non call late in the game. He clearly was standing in our offensive end. Not sure if the ball had broken the time line plane. So which is it? Player or ball? Maybe I’m confusing football rules with the ruling 🤷‍♂️🤪
I would of called it over and back as he passed the ball back in the back court. Just a missed call by the officials? Anybody know?

You have to have everything (both feet and ball) over the line to be considered in the front court. Think of the 10 second rule where you need both feet and possession to have cleared the mid court line.

It was not an over and back.

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

You have to have everything (both feet and ball) over the line to be considered in the front court. Think of the 10 second rule where you need both feet and possession to have cleared the mid court line.

It was not an over and back.

Exactly right—that’s the exact rule.

And ... both feet and the ball WERE over; it was a missed call.

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

IU moved up 1 spot in the updated NET. now ranked right at 50

I'm not a fan of NET. Respectfully (or disrespectfully), it's garbage. It's way too inconsistent and is only good when they TRY to justify their tournament selections. KenPom.com, for me at least, is the only true source of a team's success factors and rankings. This is proven by year after year after year of nailing the best tournament teams with his proprietary algorithms. There are some real outliers when you look at NET versus KenPom. Michigan State for example. KenPom has them at 50, NET at 119. I mean, come on. MSU, loaded with talent and Tom Izzo, is the 119th best team in the country?  Please. All the following are KenPom first and NET second. UK, 49/144. If you think UK is the 144th best team int he country, think again. Memphis 61/96. Colgate 134/16!!!! Drake 60/20. Kansas 12/27. And so on, and so on. Extremely far off base versus a continuously trusted source like KenPom. That said, IU is 23/51 with the 9th rated defense in the country. Again, the NCAA using NET is the same thing as they super super super shady CFP using their "own process" to select who get's to play in the football playoffs. Cough, cough, Notre Dame, cough, cough.