Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
LamarCheeks

IUFB -- Michigan OL Zach Carpenter transferring to IU

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I assume he will sit a year, but hoping to be wrong

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I believe NCAA made rule this year that any transfers that occur during this academic year are immediately eligible next yr because of COVID. Don't think he will have to sit out but could be wrong

I’d love to see him take over for Jones at the Tackle spot if Crider comes back. I have a feeling Powell will beat out Nworah and this is the most logical spot. Jones is great in short down situations but against high level pass rushers he’s an absolute liability. Carpenter is a very athletic guy with more than enough size to play in the tackle spot opposite of Bedford

14 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Nice little story on Carpenter ... 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/how-did-iu-football-land-michigan-transfer-zach-carpenter-it-was-the-most-genuine-place/?fbclid=IwAR1WQaF91aFWFCY_Jv8LjXGLFMjTo0ZQYG4NI2-ySj8RTAjFYl_O5Y6XVTs

He sorta hints that he wanted to come to IU in the first place, but since he had an offer from a historic power like Michigan, he had people pushing him to go there ... 

This, on his decision to come to B-town. 

“They didn’t pressure you to commit. They didn’t have presentations about how great the program is or sit you down and have to convince you how good their place is. They just showed you what they have and let them do with that what you will. They sat me down and talked and it was, a lot of it wasn’t about football, it was more about your family and getting to know you as a person. That was very unique to any other place that I had gone. It was the most genuine place. And even looking at the players. Looking at them walking around, you can see in their faces that they actually enjoy playing for the program, enjoy playing for the coaches.”

Thanks for sharing!