Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Which Players Do You Trust the Most?

A question for the board:

After ten games, which player(s) do you trust the most to “do the right thing” during their playing time?

For me? My answers surprised me—maybe because the best players last night were guards, my choices are guards, even though Trayce is the straw that stirs the drink.

1) Galloway (a freshman! not our best player, but our best decision maker)

2) Al (I’m not seeing the drive into trouble thing as a big problem)

3) Armaan (such an aware defender—would be #1 if he wasn’t still a bit sloppy with the ball)

Whaddya all got? 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

A question for the board:

After ten games, which player(s) do you trust the most to do the right thing during their playing time?

For me?

1) Galloway (a freshman! not our best player, but our best decision maker)

2) Al (I’m not seeing the drive into trouble thing as a big problem)

3) Armaan (such an aware defender—would be #1 if he wasn’t still a bit sloppy with the ball)

Whaddya all got? 

Galloway and the second player isn't even close which is a big problem.

Al hasn't driven into the trees as much but he makes some passes that wouldn't work in high school.  That pass early in the first half against the zone.  The bounce entry pass into TJD that 12 psu players picked off.  He should know better.  I will give him credit for getting his assist to turnover ration to a good level this season.

Armaan is too loose with the ball.  I expect him to tighten that up over the offseason and we one of the best guards in the league next season.  He has become a scorer which we need but can't give up those extra possessions by being careless.

1) Trey
2) Galloway (yes, I know)
3) Armaan
4) Trayce

Trey is far and above our best decision maker on the floor. He’s made a few mistakes this season but they didn’t kill us. I haven’t seen him take a play off yet and he’s always moving with a purpose.

Armaan continued improvement and maturity has been a huge positive this year.

I have Trayce because once he’s fed in the post, he knows exactly what to do with it. No hesitation and always strong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

TRUST!

1.) Trayce - Once he has the ball he is not being stopped. On defense he is a presence.

2.) Race - On the offensive side he is going to make the right play. He doesn't seem to get hurried or bothered by the defense. On defense he is a lot to handle indside, there aren't a lot of 4s who are going to be able to take him down low, and he is quick enough to play with perimeter 4s.

3.) Trey - He scares the heck out of me with the leaving his feet to pass, but he always seems to find the angle/lane to make it work. If he can develop a shot to be able to keep defenders honest he is going to be something... Don't want him to turn into a McRoberts (no offense to the guy)

4.) Armaan - as far as shooting goes, his is the one I believe will fall most often!

But when all else fails and we have to have a bucket in crunch time or to break a drought I lean towards Rob & Al... through their deficiencies they have the most killer instinct... the most go get it for yourself ability.

3 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

TRUST!

1.) Trayce - Once he has the ball he is not being stopped. On defense he is a presence.

2.) Race - On the offensive side he is going to make the right play. He doesn't seem to get hurried or bothered by the defense. On defense he is a lot to handle indside, there aren't a lot of 4s who are going to be able to take him down low, and he is quick enough to play with perimeter 4s.

3.) Trey - He scares the heck out of me with the leaving his feet to pass, but he always seems to find the angle/lane to make it work. If he can develop a shot to be able to keep defenders honest he is going to be something... Don't want him to turn into a McRoberts (no offense to the guy)

But when all el

That play late in regulation where Trayce drove and had a second defender collapse and he didn't dump it to Race for an easy dunk is too fresh in my mind.  As is the many times Race has had a clear path for a layup/dunk and he's kicked it out. 

If Archie criticizes Trayce and Race and they respond the way Al and Phin did in last nights game we might finally put together a full 40!

1. TJD-  rely on him for everything

2. Galloway- smart.  Doesn’t force. Not relied on to score, therefore less potential for errors

Large gap

3. Race- also not relied on to score.  Less potential for error.  

4. AF, RP, AD tied for 4th.  They have different strengths and weaknesses but they average each other out.  

As many others have said, Trey is number 1 and it isn’t even close. A second would be Race because he doesn’t ever really make bad plays. TJD would be third, but in his career so far he hasn’t come up with winning plays in the end. Had a chance last night and air balled. He needs to develop his post game and outside shot significantly. 

AF is WAY too loose with the ball and his passing is extremely suspect. Love his scoring game, but his passing needs a significant upgrade. Nobody else on the roster deserves a mention tbh and that’s concerning. 

It depends what you are asking them to do.

Galloway is the best decision maker, although he made one of the worst turnovers of the year at I think around the 1:40 mark in OT yesterday. I trust him to make the smart play, but his lack of outside shooting keeps me from trusting him as a playmaker we can consistently count on. But a solid guy who plus good D, hustles, and move the ball well is extremely valuable still.

I don't trust Franklin as a primary ball handler, but if we need a play at the end of the game, he's who I trust most. I trust him to get a bucket. I'm blown away by the leap in his offensive skill set from last year. He gets to the rim so well and finishes through contact. He's getting better at shooting on the move too.

TJD is our best player, but he's also the most predictable. He's going to power the ball to the hoop and go up with his left hand. I think teams can take that away at the end of the game when all of the focus will be on him, and I don't know that he processes quickly enough what to do when what he wants is closed off. I don't trust his effort, as it's been up and down this year. But his immense talent means I pretty much always expect him to score quite a bit, even if the effort isn't where it should be.

I don't really trust anybody else. They either all have talent or effort issues, or both. A game like last night makes me want to trust Rob. I know the skill set is there, but the confidence is not. Hopefully last night gets him going. It'll probably take a few more games like that to really wake him up. He still looks like he's aiming and hoping on a lot of shots. He didn't have time to think on the game winner and it looked great. Just needs to get out of his own head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends what you are asking them to do.

Galloway is the best decision maker, although he made one of the worst turnovers of the year at I think around the 1:40 mark in OT yesterday. I trust him to make the smart play, but his lack of outside shooting keeps me from trusting him as a playmaker we can consistently count on. But a solid guy who plus good D, hustles, and move the ball well is extremely valuable still.

I don't trust Franklin as a primary ball handler, but if we need a play at the end of the game, he's who I trust most. I trust him to get a bucket. I'm blown away by the leap in his offensive skill set from last year. He gets to the rim so well and finishes through contact. He's getting better at shooting on the move too.

TJD is our best player, but he's also the most predictable. He's going to power the ball to the hoop and go up with his left hand. I think teams can take that away at the end of the game when all of the focus will be on him, and I don't know that he processes quickly enough what to do when what he wants is closed off. I don't trust his effort, as it's been up and down this year. But his immense talent means I pretty much always expect him to score quite a bit, even if the effort isn't where it should be.

I don't really trust anybody else. They either all have talent or effort issues, or both. A game like last night makes me want to trust Rob. I know the skill set is there, but the confidence is not. Hopefully last night gets him going. It'll probably take a few more games like that to really wake him up. He still looks like he's aiming and hoping on a lot of shots. He didn't have time to think on the game winner and it looked great. Just needs to get out of his own head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob had a few shots in the first half that were on line just a little strong. Hopefully, he builds on this performance and finished the year strong.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Franklin. He was sloppy with the ball last night and really did not have a good game and yet he still scored 16 points and likely guarded some of their better players. He has more TOs than I like but he has really exploded and had his role change the most this year. He takes risks on offense to score and often converts but this leads to higher TOs. To me it is worth the trade. Plus during his playing time he has drawn some very hard defensive assignments and his success here leads to his value.

TJD. He lacks the energy I would prefer but he has had to play the 5 against a handful of huge guys this year. At times he looked stronger than Kofi. With Brunk out, and he may have known this was likely for awhile, he has had to take on a different role than he may have hoped for. His scoring has been incredible.

Galloway seems to be growing in confidence. Good things seem to happen when he attacks. Looking forward to see how he progresses as his confidence and experience grow

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners