Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MemphisHoosier

Outback Bowl MVP Prediction Thread

After listening to the Hoosier Huddle podcast the hosts got me thinking about who are the most likely choices for Outback Bowl MVP.  There are a number of very reasonable, smart directions to take here, e.g. Ole' Miss's defense isn't great so you should expect big games from Tuttle and Fryfogle/Whop/Hendershot, or that Sheridan will run the ball down Kiffin's throat and go with a heavy dose of Scott/James/Baldwin.  On the flip-side, Corral threw, what, 5 INT's vs. LSU last time out so a big MVP level performance from a Mullen/Johnson/Williams/Fitzgerald or McFadden wouldn't surprise me.

To kick-off the thread I will go with Stevie Scott for two reasons (1) CTA and Sheridan will get points on the board and want to control the pace of the game to keep Corral off the field and (2) Ole Miss allows >200 rush yards/games (one of the 25 worst rush D's across all conferences), they allowed 26 rushing TD's this season (4th most,) and they just fired their D-Line coach.

Who do you think will be the Outback Bowl MVP?

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Mullen gets 2 picks with some other nice plays and the nation finally acknowledges what we've all known for awhile now.......he good

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

He got acknowledged today as FWAA 1st Team All American.

2 picks would help!

Gonna go with Stevie Scott. I think several offensive players will have great days, but there will be a heavy dose of Scott to keep their offense off the field since that is their strength.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners