Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Penn State - 12/29/20 @ 8:30 on BTN

6 hours ago, ray said:

This is not all in response to Fleek, but try handling hundreds of millions of dollars worth of art (some sculptures worth over a couple million alone and weighing over several thousand pounds that you’re responsible for rigging safely which are thousands of years old and irreplaceable) for $33,000 a year. I would take your job AND Archie’s simultaneously over mine. I’m sure Archie’s job hasn’t directly caused major back issues he’ll struggle with for life, and I’m sure if he’s even remotely smart enough with his money he could have a worthless career and retire in his thirties. And I’m sure your salary benefits you.  I congratulate you for your success and I commend you for what you do.

My point is this: Archie Miller had enough success elsewhere that his resume convinced Indiana University basketball to hire him. I’m not a die-hard Archie supporter by any stretch of the imagination, and his record hasn’t convinced me yet that he’s an “answer”, but IU won tonight. And contrary to so many on this thread, I don’t believe this is a terrible Penn State team. Sure, they no longer have their superstar they’ve had for the past few years, but this is not the terrible Penn State of old. This is the Penn State that beat a top-25 team by 20 and lost to two top-25 Big Ten teams (one by 4). It was a home game without a crowd against a team that has played IU close for several years and they won. I’m not wearing Crimson-colored glasses, but I refuse to be a pessimist after a hard-fought victory. The team’s defense wasn’t as good as they’ve been, but the offense had good ball movement (although, I think TJD should get more touches). Penn State just did what they do...they hit threes to keep them in it, but IU still won.

And for the folks still bashing TJD after a 21-point, 8-13 (5-6 FT), 6 rebounds, 2 assists performance and claiming he’s not engaged enough, please be more realistic. This close WIN was not solely on him just as the close losses aren’t solely on him. He’s an All-American in 2020-2021, whether your delusions expect him to be more than he already is or not.

My biggest complaint about this team, even more so than poor shooting (which happens to most players at times, and tonight they hit some shots they needed to), is the rebounding. They have to rebound better to win against Big Ten teams consistently. 

End of rant. And, again, Wayne, most of this isn’t in response to you specifically. 

Well, when you don't shoot well...you better rebound the hell out of the ball.

49 minutes ago, CS2 said:

Well, when you don't shoot well...you better rebound the hell out of the ball.

That's it.  The only reason this was close was several missed, wide open, threes in the final minutes.  But that has been the story for a while.  

54 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That's it.  The only reason this was close was several missed, wide open, threes in the final minutes.  But that has been the story for a while.  

Psu was 0-4 from 3 in OT?