Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/23/20 @ 8:30 ET on BTN

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I will probably get killed for this but here goes.... Al Durham has no business getting the amount of minutes he does. He’s a great kid but simply not good enough to help us compete at a top level in the B1G. Every year he plays well against the mid/low majors, then looks outclassed once B1G starts. He has his occasional solid game but it’s glaringly obvious that he shouldn’t be getting the minutes he does. Same with Phinisee, as well. He’s regressed every season. Lander is young and has a lot to learn but when I see him on the floor I see a very high ceiling. The fact Archie is letting him wither away on the bench infuriates me. I’m willing to live with his mistakes much more than the constant boneheaded  mistakes from upper classmen. At least he will be brought up to speed much quicker. Al and Rob just barely keep us treading water and prolong us from getting to where we need to be. 

Archie is getting his @$$ handed to him in Bloomington. It’s hard to watch. Nearly everyone pegged this guy as one of the next big time head coaches. He’s not awful, he’s certainly not great. He’s just meh. 

Durham has no business playing the minutes he does. Dude just flops and hopes for a call most of the time

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is a trait of a sucky team.  If my team at work was like that I would call myself a sucky leader.   

Maybe give college coaching a try?  I'm sure you could make a few more dollars if you're successful.

Trait of a sucky team =/ sucked all year.  Keep pushing your narrative.  You do you.  (not meant to be offensive in the least.  you seem to be a successful leader at your job.  good job, keep doing it.)

This is so frustrating to watch. However, anytime I even think about IU getting rid of Archie Miller I am also frustrated with constant rebuilds with new coaches. The post that said we are not getting what we were sold when getting rid of Crean is exactly right. Just wish we could show definitive improvement in the overall product...

Sent from my SM-F700U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

When Galloway is IU’s second best player, it says a lot about the team right now

I wouldn't say he is IU's second best player.  TJD is clearly the best player.  Armaan has been playing great.  Thompson has stepped up this season too.  We're missing guard play and leadership from our upperclassmen guards.  When they're this bad we can lose to anyone and everyone.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I wouldn't say he is IU's second best player.  TJD is clearly the best player.  Armaan has been playing great.  Thompson has stepped up this season too.  We're missing guard play and leadership from our upperclassmen guards.  When they're this bad we can lose to anyone and everyone.

Phinisee and Durham aren’t doing it. Lander has to get more minutes. He was a highly rated recruit for a reason. As for Galloway, he’s got fundamentals. That’s a trait the majority of the players don’t possess

We aren’t making tournament again. Going to have some really bad losses. We just aren’t very good. Boring basketball.

Miles away from being what Fred Glass wanted.

State of the program is in the dumps.

But we have quality kids and many from Indiana, so half of the fan base is happy.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I love what he’s done defensively but as someone said here before, he would be well served to hire an offensive minded assistant coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie is too one dimensional, which works at the mid-major levels.  Dolson need to tell him to get his offense into shape or ship the hell out.  Got to play both sides of the ball.   

29 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I would start TJD, Race, Trey, Franklin and Lander. I would rather go through growing pains of two freshmen then two upperclassmen....one who doesn’t score and another who spends most of the time laying on the floor.

At least Tray and Lander can make up for their mistakes.  Best players should play, and they are the best players right now.  

4 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Phinisee and Durham aren’t doing it. Lander has to get more minutes. He was a highly rated recruit for a reason. As for Galloway, he’s got fundamentals. That’s a trait the majority of the players don’t possess

Hell, Galloway actually looks like he knows what he's doing out there.  Maybe he could be the coach.  :)  

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We aren’t making tournament again. Going to have some really bad losses. We just aren’t very good. Boring basketball.

Miles away from being what Fred Glass wanted.

State of the program is in the dumps.

But we have quality kids and many from Indiana, so half of the fan base is happy.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Haha ain't that the truth.  Some people are so happy that our recruits are from the right area codes that they couldn't care less about the results on the court

Just now, Josh said:

Haha ain't that the truth.  Some people are so happy that our recruits are from the right area codes that they couldn't care less about the results on the court

Is that true? When I lived in Indiana these results would have not sat well with fans.  Has the past 30yrs just brought us all to accept mediocrity???

2 minutes ago, IUCane said:

Is that true? When I lived in Indiana these results would have not sat well with fans.  Has the past 30yrs just brought us all to accept mediocrity???

Some posters on here are over the moon happy that IU is landing a bunch of Indiana kids.  They think that means we'll be NCAA title contenders.

Clearly they don't understand basketball.

We are very good at making excuses and waiting for the next season and then justifying why the following season will be better. It’s exhausting and not very much fun. Our brand is awful right now. Purgatory. Archie will have 2 more years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We are very good at making excuses and waiting for the next season and then justifying why the following season will be better. It’s exhausting and not very much fun. Our brand is awful right now. Purgatory. Archie will have 2 more years.

Excuses are easy. Self reflection is hard.  

Just now, Josh said:

Some posters on here are over the moon happy that IU is landing a bunch of Indiana kids.  They think that means we'll be NCAA title contenders.

Clearly they don't understand basketball.

I find message board posters are only a small portion of fan base.  What are Indina HS coaches, players and non message board fans thinking??   

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why will he have 2 more seasons?  If we disappoint this year we should just rip the bad aid off and start over?  Administration just doesn’t have the vision to see we are going no where.  Why wait another year??

1 minute ago, IUCane said:

I find message board posters are only a small portion of fan base.  What are Indina HS coaches, players and non message board fans thinking??   

That's why I said "some posters on here"

No enthusiasm for Indiana basketball in general. As far as the coaches, who knows? But the results speak for themselves, and the recruiting results are a good indicator on the pulse of the brand.