Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/23/20 @ 8:30 ET on BTN

Just now, cthomas said:

Don't think he is ready yet. He will get there, but throw him in now and things only get worse.

I agree. Not being negative in regards to Lander, and I think he will be a very good player, but he should be a HS senior and is clearly not ready yet.

I’ve been in Archie’s corner for a while and truly wanted him to succeed here. Losing to Northwestern at home in year 4 should tell us all we need to know about what he’s capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I love what he’s done defensively but as someone said here before, he would be well served to hire an offensive minded assistant coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We’ve sucked all season. People just refused to see 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did we play well for 40 minutes?  Or was it really well for 20 and just survive the other 20?  And that’s a recipe for disaster against good teams 

Sucked all season = play well for 40 minutes?  You do this almost every game.  People refusing to trash the coach, trash the players, and trash the program isn't refusing to see it.  Again, this is just dumb.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Sucked all season = play well for 40 minutes?  You do this almost every game.  People refusing to trash the coach, trash the players, and trash the program isn't refusing to see it.  Again, this is just dumb.

Failing to show up for 20 minutes for a game is a trait of a sucky team.  Effort is the easiest thing to get consistently.  

I will probably get killed for this but here goes.... Al Durham has no business getting the amount of minutes he does. He’s a great kid but simply not good enough to help us compete at a top level in the B1G. Every year he plays well against the mid/low majors, then looks outclassed once B1G starts. He has his occasional solid game but it’s glaringly obvious that he shouldn’t be getting the minutes he does. Same with Phinisee, as well. He’s regressed every season. Lander is young and has a lot to learn but when I see him on the floor I see a very high ceiling. The fact Archie is letting him wither away on the bench infuriates me. I’m willing to live with his mistakes much more than the constant boneheaded  mistakes from upper classmen. At least he will be brought up to speed much quicker. Al and Rob just barely keep us treading water and prolong us from getting to where we need to be. 

Archie is getting his @$$ handed to him in Bloomington. It’s hard to watch. Nearly everyone pegged this guy as one of the next big time head coaches. He’s not awful, he’s certainly not great. He’s just meh. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Failing to show up for 20 minutes for a game is a trait of a sucky team.  Effort is the easiest thing to get consistently.  

We've been crazy inconsistent and aloof for long stretches of games.  However, saying we've sucked all season is just lazy and attempting to drive a narrative.  When we've been bad we've been really bad.  We haven't played a complete game and have just gone through the motions for games we could have won.  

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

I will probably get killed for this but here goes.... Al Durham has no business getting the amount of minutes he does. He’s a great kid but simply not good enough to help us compete at a top level in the B1G. Every year he plays well against the mid/low majors, then looks outclassed once B1G starts. He has his occasional solid game but it’s glaringly obvious that he shouldn’t be getting the minutes he does. Same with Phinisee, as well. He’s regressed every season. Lander is young and has a lot to learn but when I see him on the floor I see a very high ceiling. The fact Archie is letting him wither away on the bench infuriates me. I’m willing to live with his mistakes much more than the constant boneheaded  mistakes from upper classmen. At least he will be brought up to speed much quicker. Al and Rob just barely keep us treading water and prolong us from getting to where we need to be. 

Archie is getting his @$$ handed to him in Bloomington. It’s hard to watch. Nearly everyone pegged this guy as one of the next big time head coaches. He’s not awful, he’s certainly not great. He’s just meh. 

Al should not be playing as much you are right. With this roster he deserves it. 

WHY WASNT HE RECRUITED OVER THOUGH 

Have to say I agree at this point. Concerning Archie, I’d love to see him succeed at IU but so far...meh. The defensive improvements have been great but the offense has been in a rut for 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

We've been crazy inconsistent and aloof for long stretches of games.  However, saying we've sucked all season is just lazy and attempting to drive a narrative.  When we've been bad we've been really bad.  We haven't played a complete game and have just gone through the motions for games we could have won.  

Which is a trait of a sucky team.  If my team at work was like that I would call myself a sucky leader.   

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Phin usually brings top notch defense.  He needs to get his offense going.  When he attacks and is aggressive he's a much different player.  He needs to get that going.  Al needs to come off the bench and be a shooter (?).  I wouldn't mind seeing Galloway get the start for Durham and have Lander come off the bench.  Lander isn't there yet on defense but if we can get our guards to be aggressive we're a different team.  It's frustrating to watch our guards not do **** and just pass it around the perimeter.