Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/23/20 @ 8:30 ET on BTN

We aren’t winning many games with Durham and Rob as starters. They just don’t have the talent. That simple.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have to play Lander and just live with it. He can create his own shot. He’s a good shooter. He can attack off the dribble. Have to give him some more run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, didn’t really deserve that one. The Audige kid really stepped up. Incredible shots. I still say this game goes if the crowd was back. I bet the pandemic hurts Indiana the most.

Just now, Drew L said:

Have to play Lander and just live with it. He can create his own shot. He’s a good shooter. He can attack off the dribble. Have to give him some more run.

You build for the future at this point. 

Hunter, Phinisee and Al should all come off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Horrible first half buried us!  Hopefully we wake up and realize we can't do that in conference play.

Lol.  We ain't realized it in 4 years, why would we start now?

The question is becoming very serious now, if we miss the tournament again, will IU actually fire him?

Hell i would fire him if we make the tournament and don't win a couple games. This is not what was advertised to us from glass when we fired crean

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been in Archie’s corner for a while and truly wanted him to succeed here. Losing to Northwestern at home in year 4 should tell us all we need to know about what he’s capable of.

Anybody else wait all day for that lackluster performance?
Sucks majorly.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sadly, I’ll admit. I almost forgot we played. Last Saturday I didn’t even set my dvr bc I forgot about it completely. I’ve always have know when and typically could not wait for IU games.

I’m ready to subscribe to this as well. His upside is better than Al (or Rob at this point). Give Lander their minutes as a trial by fire with Armaan as the other guard

1 minute ago, Drew L said:

Don't think he is ready yet. He will get there, but throw him in now and things only get worse.

Northwestern threw us off as they had one big guy go down with an injury and another had foul trouble. We had not prepared for their back-ups, and incredible depth, so how could we have realistically won?? Nothing but bad luck.... on to the next one!!!!

Hell i would fire him if we make the tournament and don't win a couple games. This is not what was advertised to us from glass when we fired crean

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I personally would as well, I no longer think he is anything close to the answer. His offense is terrible, constantly has teams that come out flat and now his recruiting has dried up. If we don’t fire him after the season, we are just delaying the inevitable.

IU needs a point guard that can beat someone off the dribble and a Audige type who can create his own shot off the bounce when things break down in the worst way. If that comes in a single player so be it, but Rob and Al dribbling the air out of the ball isn't working

You’re absolutely right. I’m not going to say he’s much better right now but he can get better. Potential is there and yes there will be growing pains. I’m so done with Rob and al