Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/23/20 @ 8:30 ET on BTN

Thank god we didn’t start out down 19-4 like Illinois did against PSU. Some of you may have had a heart attack.

I don’t like how we’ve played either, but I think we win this one in the second half. Let’s see

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Northwestern is a good team, with good coaching, and can shoot. We are a bad team, with poor coaching, and can't shoot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Thank god we didn’t start out down 19-4 like Illinois did against PSU. Some of you may have had a heart attack.

I don’t like how we’ve played either, but I think we win this one in the second half. Let’s see

Love the optimism but it’s not happening. I’d love to be dead wrong but this team just doesn’t have it in them. This brand of basketball is not built to comeback from large deficits, especially not against smart teams. I can barely watch this crap anymore. 

2 minutes ago, CandyStripers said:

Northwestern is a good team, with good coaching, and can shoot. We are a bad team, with poor coaching, and can't shoot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s not fair to base Archies coaching on the product on the floor. Clearly 20+ different players are all the problem. 

I remember now why I quit watching games live.... this was embarrassing the way that this team played. Very, very disappointing and worrisome. No reason to lose this game, but IU looks like the worst team in the league tonight.
Probably a good thing that my parents just lost power so I don’t have to watch the 2nd half.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

With Brunk out, we cannot afford to have Race not show up. He simply cannot play the way he's playing tonight. 

He's a junior now. It's time to pick it up and be good every night. 

Excellent point. We’re crushing Hunter, but where is Race?

Watched closely at the end there of our offensive sets. It dribble weave at the top followed typically by a ball screen at the top and if that isn't open immediately for a drive to the basket, then rinse and repeat until they are forced to finally chuck a desperation shot. Problem is the people running it, Phinisee is far to slow with the ball to turn the corner forcing the defense to recover and there isn't a dead-eye shooter locked to the wing to open up that driving lane. What you are left with is the jumbled mess that you see on the screen. Makes little sense to me. Just lock TJD on the block and force it to him until they stop it. So frustrating to watch - at times I envy to watch the first Crean teams that ran an offense that didn't match their personnel, at least those team gave 100% effort 

This team needs to play good defense to translate into good offense. When our defense has an off night and we get scored on at will, our attitudes tank and then we look like we are desperate on offense making stupid decisions or we do nothing at all. We have shaky at best offense anyway but when we can't stop the other team, we go straight to hell!

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I just don’t understand why they don’t want to play. It seems like every single game they just don’t care. It’s maddening

I won't go as far to say they don't care. I say its more that they're told to play 100%, but they don't know what their 100% really is.