Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Game Thread - Outback Bowl vs Ole Miss Sat 1/2/21 12:30pm ABC

Defense completely changed the scheme offense is what it has been. Have to get a big name DC. Wommack coaches an embarrassing game and hopefully this is the last we see of Tuttle.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Sheridan was an absolute joke all day, don’t know why I thought he finally learned his lesson. Took the ball out of Stevie’s hands and played to their strengths. Unforgivable but Wommack and the D share the blame. IU football IU footballed today and it’s an absolute embarrassment to the program. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

It was a stupid, mindless mistake that had a huge part in the way the rest of the game unfolded. 

True. Act like you’ve been there. Why do stupid crap like that on an XP? Makes no sense at all

Tuttle stepping out of bounds rather than throwing the ball away is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen 
I told my wife the same. U got to throw that ball away

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We lost two games off our schedule. Maybe this is too much wishful thinking, but I think if Tuttle gets those games under his belt, it would've made a difference. He just lacks game experience -- and that was a pretty big detriment today. 

That, plus the fact that our defense couldn't get stops when we needed. 

And we get an unsportsmanlike penalty on a PAT. 

Coaching has been a strength most of the year, but I’m 100% putting this on them today. Thought defensive effort and tackling was poor. Tuttle didn’t play awesome, but play calling was pretty awful. Just super disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Defense completely changed the scheme offense is what it has been. Have to get a big name DC. Wommack coaches an embarrassing game and hopefully this is the last we see of Tuttle.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

This isn't on Tuttle at all.  

Contrary to popular opinion, I think Tuttle was fine. He needed the Purdue game to get really comfortable. He was not the reason for this loss. The COVID shutdown cost the team preparation time and CONDITIONING time. I'm proud of the fight, but Ole Miss was the better team today. Work harder and come back better next year.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I told my wife the same. U got to throw that ball away

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It ruined the entire drive. Completely eliminated any chance of a run on third down, forced him to throw it down the field where he was bad most of the day, and I mean it is just football 101