Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Forecasting B1G Finish Post-Noncon

I know schedule will play a big part of this, but I don't feel like going through and looking at every team's schedule to determine order of finish so mine is more or less a power ranking. 

I think Rutgers has a chance to be really good, i have been impressed but I will stick with UW for the champs for now.

1. Wisconsin

2. Rutgers

3. Iowa

4. Illinois

5. MSU

6. Indiana

7. Michigan

8. Purdue

9. OSU

10. Penn State

11. Northwestern

12. Maryland

13. Minnesota

14. Nebraska

Still think 5-9 could go a number of ways, but all of those teams are sure fire NCAA tournament teams and probably top 25. 

1.  Iowa

2.  Illinois

3.  Rutgers

4.  MSU

5.  Wisconsin

6.  Michigan

7.  IU

8.  Purdue 

9.  OSU

10.  Northwestern

11.  Maryland

12.  Penn St 

13.  Minnesota

14.  Nebraska

Three distinct tiers within this.  1-4, 5-9, 10+.  10 and 11 could theoretically make the tournament, but I will stick with historical and say 9 max. 

24 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

1.  Iowa

2.  Illinois

3.  Rutgers

4.  MSU

5.  Wisconsin

6.  Michigan

7.  IU

8.  Purdue 

9.  OSU

10.  Northwestern

11.  Maryland

12.  Penn St 

13.  Minnesota

14.  Nebraska

Three distinct tiers within this.  1-4, 5-9, 10+.  10 and 11 could theoretically make the tournament, but I will stick with historical and say 9 max. 

B1G is stacked!  When Penn State and Minnesota are the #12 and #13 that is absolutely incredible.  I think i agree with you except i am worried Indiana ends up 9 or 10.  Not sure who overtakes them though. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Beat Maryland, Nebraska, Purdooo twice, and win five of those twelve.

That’s 10-10 and a very solid tourney seed. Too much to ask? 

I'd be thrilled with just protecting home court the rest of the season to finish 9-11 in conference to finish 14-13 overall.  If we could pay NW back at their place for a 10-10 conference record that would be pretty solid too.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I'd be thrilled with just protecting home court the rest of the season to finish 9-11 in conference to finish 14-13 overall.  If we could pay NW back at their place for a 10-10 conference record that would be pretty solid too.

No.

Sweep Purdue.

They suck, and they extra super suck because they are Purdue.

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

But they don’t and we will have our hands full.  Plus very well coached.  Freshman big man Eddy or whatever will be a pain. 

Basically they either have Trevion Williams or Eddy in and it allows them both to be super aggressive defensively.  Between them, they average 38 minutes per game but 5.7 fouls....but because they are split between the two, foul trouble isn't usually an issue.  Between the two they are averaging about 24 points and 14 boards.  It's a team we really need a Brunk against to just use his bulk on defense, but we won't have that.

41 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Basically they either have Trevion Williams or Eddy in and it allows them both to be super aggressive defensively.  Between them, they average 38 minutes per game but 5.7 fouls....but because they are split between the two, foul trouble isn't usually an issue.  Between the two they are averaging about 24 points and 14 boards.  It's a team we really need a Brunk against to just use his bulk on defense, but we won't have that.

We’re gonna sweep Purdoo this year.