Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Fred Glass goes off on the CFB disrespect of IUFB

2 minutes ago, iubb said:

Eh. I think he didn’t want to burn bridges when he was employed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve seen what happens when we play nice and take it from the higher ups. Speaking out can’t make things much worse for us.

We’ve seen what happens when we play nice and take it from the higher ups. Speaking out can’t make things much worse for us.

Still. I don’t think many AD who are employed with a school would say something like that.

1 minute ago, iubb said:

Still. I don’t think many AD who are employed with a school would say something like that.

Probably not but the polite answer will just result in us getting bent over again and again. 

Probably not but the polite answer will just result in us getting bent over again and again. 

Still. Good that he said this anyway. Hopefully gets the discussion going.

I love this and I think it truly shows what’s been suspected all along, some higher ups in the Big10 truly don’t want IU to be relevant because it hurts their programs. Truly sad when grown up adults take away from these young adults and coaching staffs to get their selfish ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

58 minutes ago, iubb said:

I know I said it in that other thread, but my thought is that Fred isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders here.  Why would other schools want us to go to a worse bowl when we share revenues?  Crazy conspiracy theories need to stop in 2021

40 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Respect is earned. Win the bowl game and come back with a good season next will change a lot folks view of IU football.

That’s the thing. We did everything we could have to earn the respect. Winning this game won’t earn us anymore, with those on the committee, imho. Historical results have no business being weighted into the current seasons merits. It’s fraudulent to do so. 

I’m really happy Fred Glass said what he said, publicly. I hope Dolson follows suit. Coach Allen needs to see that his boss is going to fight for him and not tuck his tail. 

That’s the thing. We did everything we could have to earn the respect. Winning this game won’t earn us anymore, with those on the committee, imho. Historical results have no business being weighted into the current seasons merits. It’s fraudulent to do so. 

I’m really happy Fred Glass said what he said, publicly. I hope Dolson follows suit. Coach Allen needs to see that his boss is going to fight for him and not tuck his tail. 

Given that Allen’s motto is LEO. I don’t think he wants our current AD to do so publicly.

Good for Glass. He was a much better AD than some wanted to give him credit for. Now, with no dog in the fight, he comes to the defense of our team when he didn't really have to. And he said things that a sitting AD can't. IF we keep winning and IF we start filling our stadium when fans are allowed back, the people in charge will not be able to ignore us. If we had beaten OSU, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Winning on the field takes care of everything.

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

I know I said it in that other thread, but my thought is that Fred isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders here.  Why would other schools want us to go to a worse bowl when we share revenues?  Crazy conspiracy theories need to stop in 2021

??? NW went to the bowl we should have (at minimum) so the conference still gets it's piece. And the 1/14th cut of a better bowl isn't that much anyway. 

You may not agree with Glass' explanation of WHY IU got screwed, but that they were screwed is objectively true. 

We all want to believe that CTA will be able to sustain this and we'll be in this position again soon. But there are no guarantees.  This is an historic season, one like we haven't had in years -- if ever.

To me, that's why getting bumped all the way to the Outback against a 4-5 team feels almost criminal. And the fact that the Big 1.0 hung us out to dry is especially galling and reprehensible.  I'm thrilled that Fred spoke out. And I hope others will as well. The message needs to get out there that this is unacceptable and we won't stand for this ****.  

I cannot tell you how much I was looking forward to playing in the Fiesta Bowl. The Outback is such a friggin' insult considering what we accomplished this season. 

13 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

??? NW went to the bowl we should have (at minimum) so the conference still gets it's piece. And the 1/14th cut of a better bowl isn't that much anyway. 

You may not agree with Glass' explanation of WHY IU got screwed, but that they were screwed is objectively true. 

Oh they definitely got the shaft.  But I don't believe his conspiracy theory for a second