Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Favorite All-Time Hoosier Basketball Player

Kind of funny....Seeing everyones response, give's me a pretty good general idea of what age range they are. Some of the responses I'm like well this guy that played in late 80's and this one in the early 90's are way better players than anyone he's mentioning. Then it hits me, that guy didn't get to see IU when we were really good. This is not an attempt to derail this thread. 

2 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Not for me, it's Calbert all day long and twice on Sundays. The game was so easy for him seems. His last year here, I would have been around 10-11 yr old. Miss the good ole days boys!

Same. I was a little older than you but he was my favorite thing away. Some  of the games are still up on YouTube. Occasionally I’ll go back and watch.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:42 PM, Demo said:

Easy one, Mike Woodson. Not only did I love what a versatile scorer he was, but he was 1 of the 2 best players, along with Paul Pressey, that I was ever on a floor with. Played in a couple of summer open gyms that he was at when I was in HS and he was at IU. Obviously, he killed everybody. I remember thinking, man is this what it’s like at that level? No, it’s just what it was like at HIS level. He was so good. 

This post aged extremely well

Because there has been so so SO many extraordinary players with extraordinary character, but only one developed additional skills that are being used to re-establish the true Indiana Basketball culture.

Mike Woodson was a special player, and he’s no longer a “quiet” all-time great.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Because there has been so so SO many extraordinary players with extraordinary character, but only one developed additional skills that are being used to re-establish the true Indiana Basketball culture.

Mike Woodson was a special player, and he’s no longer a “quiet” all-time great.

Not my all-time favorite, but definitely in my top five. I love how he has progressed throughout his life and career. I don't know how to describe it, but what he brings to the program is a steady, confident demeanor that I believe will deliver the results we are looking for. There is just a different vibe with him. You can see and hear when he talks to the media.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This post aged extremely well

Love the guy and am really enjoying the forward momentum being established. But, in fairness, I believe I called his possible candidacy for the gig, oh, “ridiculous.” So, not exactly a seer here. 

27 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Not my all-time favorite, but definitely in my top five. I love how he has progressed throughout his life and career. I don't know how to describe it, but what he brings to the program is a steady, confident demeanor that I believe will deliver the results we are looking for. There is just a different vibe with him. You can see and hear when he talks to the media.

For many he’s not their all time favorite … yet.

He still got work to do.

One of our all-timers just did a fantastic/must listen extensive interview with AJ Guyton.

Mike Lewis is as genuine as it gets -- this is so, so, good.

Coach Knight to Lewis during his freshman pre-season: (with arm around Lewis): "Hey Mike, do you want to play a lot or do you want to play a little?"

Lewis: "I want to play a lot Coach!"

Knight: "Then stop shooting the ******* ball."

Enjoy: