Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Favorite All-Time Hoosier Basketball Player

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Randy Whitman or Ted Kitchen. In 83 they implemented the 3 for that year and remember both of them hitting at a high rate

Nope. In the 40’s.

And nope—but Kitchel was even higher! 21/32 for .656

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not enough attempts to be the All-Time leading 3 pt% I’m guessing?  Jay Edwards holds that one at 53 %.   I have no clue on the 61% 

On point. Over 25 and under 50 attempts from three. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

There was a four year IUBB player who was 61.5% for his career from three point territory on over 25 attempts.

Who is it ya smart guys?

Hornsby?

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s the guy!

Had one year when he was 7-8 from three.

well done sir!

After looking at the picture I could eliminate the guys and hay wasn't 4 year players.  So I had it down to 4 guys Smith, Oliphant, Meir and Palokowski.  I knew Alford and Holman didn't shoot for jay well and Thomas never shot 3's.

He’s become kind of a turd to my Pacers fan self, but I was at this game in the 3rd row and to this day I’ve never heard something louder than the AH crowd (student-less mind you!) when Vic threw down the dunk on the other end of the pictured steal. 

Relevant to this thread because I separate his college career from whatever his pro career has become. 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Calbert.  He just made it look so easy like a hot knife through butter.

Ditto!!!

There is a reason why he is the B10 all time leading scorer!  I’ve seen a lot of great IU players in my lifetime, starting with the 1975 team and Calbert was the best and a lot of fun to watch.  

I started watching in 1980 and Isiah Thomas has been my favorite followed by Calbert then Alford. TJD is approaching those levels but those guys also delivered tournament success which adds to their legend status.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I started watching in 1980 and Isiah Thomas has been my favorite followed by Calbert then Alford. TJD is approaching those levels but those guys also delivered tournament success which adds to their legend status.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My top 3

IT.

Alford.

Calbert

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Let's go with Kreigh Smith

61% career 3’s. 65% career FT’s. That’s a line you don’t see every day.