Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Favorite All-Time Hoosier Basketball Player

Damon Bailey. Back when he was in HS, I lived in Wisconsin. My father was an IU alum so I would watch available games with him. I was a fan but at the age of 10 I really wasn’t that excited beyond spending time with the old man. We began hearing stories on the news about this HS kid from Indiana for whom 15,000-20,000 fans were showing up to watch him play on a Friday night. In Wisconsin we heard this. The news sparked my interest in learning more and eventually I talked my father into taking me to watch my first game at AH in his freshman season. We waited around after the game and were able to walk onto the court. I only was able to get within about 20yards of the dude but man, being on that court was so breathtaking. Please, never stop allowing that at IU. Man, those teams were so damn good. How they didn’t win a title in the early 90’s is a f-ing mystery to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It didn't help Henderson got hurt

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Judging from my avatar, it should be obvious: Calbert.

He was in school when I was there -- and I cannot imagine anybody who donned the candy stripes was smoother. As Dickie V. might say: He could flat-out score. And he more or less was a hidden gem. He wasn't all that highly recruited (a broken foot during his senior season contributed), yet became the BIG's all-time leading scorer.

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

1. Greg Graham

2. A.J. Guyton

3. Calbert Cheaney

4. Neil Reed (I'm currently taking cover)

5. Todd Lindeman (Not sure why)

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

My memories of Reed was that of a kid that busted his butt and gave everything he had.  Anyone who saw him refuse to leave the game with a dislocated shoulder knows what I mean.

My memories of Reed was that of a kid that busted his butt and gave everything he had.  Anyone who saw him refuse to leave the game with a dislocated shoulder knows what I mean.
Yep. And I remember him having it put back in place a couple of times. He was the definition of hustle and toughness.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The 2002 is my all time favorite team to watch. I wasn’t around to see any of the championship teams
And barely remember the early 90s team. Just loved how that team played together and hustled. But AJ Moooyeee is probdbly my favorite. Absolutely loved his energy and being that spark plug coming off the bench to get us going again during slumps. And who can forget the block.

11 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

The 2002 is my all time favorite team to watch. I wasn’t around to see any of the championship teams
And barely remember the early 90s team. Just loved how that team played together and hustled. But AJ Moooyeee is probdbly my favorite. Absolutely loved his energy and being that spark plug coming off the bench to get us going again during slumps. And who can forget the block.

The 2002 team was also my first IU team to watch I really wanted to beat Maryland.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:21 AM, pumpfake said:

I've seen a couple people trash Reed on this site -- kinda disappointing to me. He was one tough kid, and while he was in B-town, gave everything he had.

I still don't quite understand what turned Knight against him. My guess is that at one point or another,  RMK tells pretty much all players they need to transfer. They're supposed to beg to be able to stay, and RMK then decides to keep them on. It's part of the game away from the game one needed to play while RMK was here.

But after 3 years of all you have to endure to play for him, Neil probably decided he'd had enough -- and so he called the bluff and said: OK, it is time to get out of here. And obviously,  that didn't sit well with RMK.

Walt Bellamy deserves a mention. I don't remember much about that team, but Bellamy made a memorable impression with his size and agility. Over the years, there have been so many great players who I liked for different reasons. My overall favorite is probably Isaiah Thomas. He was an assassin with a smile.

#1 by far was Jay Edwards

Others: Brian Evans (wow did he improve over his yrs), Calbert, Alan Henderson, Greg Graham, Keith Smart (obvious) and Jared Jefferies
Same with me. I remember just watching him pre-game shoot jumpers and net never moved. Also remember a great dunk against MSU.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk