Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Favorite All-Time Hoosier Basketball Player

Who is your favorite all-time IU basketball player and why?

For me, it is Tom Coverdale. Being a fellow red head helped, but just loved the way he played the game. The first players that I truly remember as a kid are Guyton and Lewis, but really took to Coverdale. Liked his physical style of play and could shoot it. I tried to mimic my game after his.

Kirk Haston might by my second, I developed a hook shot because of him lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I always have a tough time with this one. Loved that entire 2002 team (Moye being my favorite) and I also loved DJ White when he came a few years later. Ultimately though I have to say my favorite is Vic. The energy and passion he played with, and the love he showed for this program just leave me no choice. That entire team of Vic/Cody/Watford/Jordy/etc. was so much fun and so easy to root for it's unfortunate it ended the way it did.

Damon Bailey. Back when he was in HS, I lived in Wisconsin. My father was an IU alum so I would watch available games with him. I was a fan but at the age of 10 I really wasn’t that excited beyond spending time with the old man. We began hearing stories on the news about this HS kid from Indiana for whom 15,000-20,000 fans were showing up to watch him play on a Friday night. In Wisconsin we heard this. The news sparked my interest in learning more and eventually I talked my father into taking me to watch my first game at AH in his freshman season. We waited around after the game and were able to walk onto the court. I only was able to get within about 20yards of the dude but man, being on that court was so breathtaking. Please, never stop allowing that at IU. Man, those teams were so damn good. How they didn’t win a title in the early 90’s is a f-ing mystery to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Damon Bailey. Back when he was in HS, I lived in Wisconsin. My father was an IU alum so I would watch available games with him. I was a fan but at the age of 10 I really wasn’t that excited beyond spending time with the old man. We began hearing stories on the news about this HS kid from Indiana for whom 15,000-20,000 fans were showing up to watch him play on a Friday night. In Wisconsin we heard this. The news sparked my interest in learning more and eventually I talked my father into taking me to watch my first game at AH in his freshman season. We waited around after the game and were able to walk onto the court. I only was able to get within about 20yards of the dude but man, being on that court was so breathtaking. Please, never stop allowing that at IU. Man, those teams were so damn good. How they didn’t win a title in the early 90’s is a f-ing mystery to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Love the story and sounds like a great memory!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have to say Calbert Cheaney.  Could scored from anywhere, hard to guard due to size, mobility and a lefty.  Still all time leading scorer in Big Ten, and hasn't really been challenged (since 1993). But my favorite team is the 1981 champs, and liked Ray Tolbert on that roster, as well as Jim Thomas (the other Thomas), one of the best rebounding guards to play for Indiana.  Tolbert could really stick the ball in the hole with authority.