Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

I’m an old guy traditionalist but must admit those uniforms look sharp and I would not mind if we mixed it up with something like that. That being said.....Uniforms are far down my list and I don’t give a rip what we are wearing if 7th-11th in the Big Ten remains our norm. We need to win.

I continue, and will continue, to watch every game but my excitement level has gone down as single game wins and losses don’t mean as much since I now assume we are not a true threat to do much (win the BT, go to the Elite 8 etc.). In the past few years the Marquette and Florida State games, as an example, gave me hope for an exciting year but both proved to be fools gold. I enjoy watching teams and individuals improve but in year 4, as opposed to the first 2 years, that enjoyment does not make up for inconsistent effort and middling BT results.

My excitement level will rise (no old dude pun intended) if:

*We start to win at a level that regularly puts us in the top 3 in the BT,  nearly always in the tourney with the occasional years in which we are a threat to go on a run. Hearing that we should not be surprised we lost because teams like  Northwestern and Rutgers are so good is a bummer. Some say Archie is boring as the face of the program, and he is, but he will be a lot more charismatic in my eyes if we were in the top 3, rather than 10th/11th, in the conference.

*When we field teams that play hard CONSISTENTLY. I want other teams to know they are entering a 40 minute dogfight every time they play us.

*When Assembly Hall is once again a house of doom and before games opponents know, down deep, they have little chance of winning.

*When the offense matches our improved defense. 

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Here's another novel idea: start landing some recruits. Purdue had a recruit score 50 last night. I wish we had some recruits to get excited about. 

We have an incoming recruit that has four 30+ point games.

In Division 1 college basketball.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Here's another novel idea: start landing some recruits. Purdue had a recruit score 50 last night. I wish we had some recruits to get excited about. 

Archie has had one to get excited about in Romeo and everyone complained about him. Expect Purdue to have our number in the next few years as Painter is recruiting weli again.

I'm just as excited to watch tonight as I was Texas, as I was NW, as I will be to watch Purdue. Some call loyalists "fanboys" and I think that's BS. The reason this program has such a devoted following after 20 years of poor administrative decisions is because of us "fanboys". Keyboard warriors calling for Archie's head don't have a solution to the problem - only a finger to point. Maybe unpopular opinion, but I find it somewhat hard to dislike Archie. I personally feel like we're 1-2 players away from being very, very good. And I don't think our record speaks for how well we have actually played. Anyway, just caught this video of AJ Guyton interviewing CAM. It's really good if you have 30 minutes. Particularly the 2nd half. Hope we light it up tonight and renew the confidence of those who are down on CAM and the program! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_taqBfMTJo&feature=youtu.be 

19 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I'm just as excited to watch tonight as I was Texas, as I was NW, as I will be to watch Purdue. Some call loyalists "fanboys" and I think that's BS. The reason this program has such a devoted following after 20 years of poor administrative decisions is because of us "fanboys". Keyboard warriors calling for Archie's head don't have a solution to the problem - only a finger to point. Maybe unpopular opinion, but I find it somewhat hard to dislike Archie. I personally feel like we're 1-2 players away from being very, very good. And I don't think our record speaks for how well we have actually played. Anyway, just caught this video of AJ Guyton interviewing CAM. It's really good if you have 30 minutes. Particularly the 2nd half. Hope we light it up tonight and renew the confidence of those who are down on CAM and the program! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_taqBfMTJo&feature=youtu.be 

I don't dislike Archie and think he would be a good representative for IU. But, what frustrates me about him is his abject failure to adapt his systems and philosophies to the situation he's in.  

33 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I agree with this point. Just because I’m down on the program right now doesn’t mean I’m not a loyal fan. I watch every single game. It’s why IU has a great fan base. We want to watch our team

21 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I don't dislike Archie and think he would be a good representative for IU. But, what frustrates me about him is his abject failure to adapt his systems and philosophies to the situation he's in.  

Yeah, and all the blowout losses suck too

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think that article just wanted to lump us in with UK somehow. Saying we're one of the biggest disappointments in college basketball this year would imply that we had expectations of actually being good. 

So we weren’t even supposed to be good this year?

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think that article just wanted to lump us in with UK somehow. Saying we're one of the biggest disappointments in college basketball this year would imply that we had expectations of actually being good. 

You might be right with the author wanting to include IU with Kentucky somehow because he also wrote this sentence in the article 

Now, let's pause and give credit to IU here --  those four losses are no joke. Texas, Florida State, Northwestern and Illinois all look like tournament teams. But I expected -- and still expect -- this Hoosiers team to be included amongst that exclusive club by year-end.