Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

36 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I think that's what you're missing.  We all understand the Big 10 is meat grinder and on any given night you can lay a turd and get beat.  But the expectation as you look at the schedule is that "this is a win" vs. each oponent.  Right now, are their any "wins" on IU's Big schedule?   

If Underwood was at IU, recruited competitive players, and beat NW, IL, and Purdon't, we'd be happy.     :) 

I’m not following what your first paragraph is telling me I’m missing. So maybe I am missing something. But I really don’t think I am.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s got a series of YouTube videos explaining his system.  This was when he was at Dayton. But he talks about wanting to push the pace often. He can frequently be seen screaming at our guards to move faster.  

Yeah, ok.  We'll that explains it.  Need a couple of shooters to make that work.  

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Ahhh!! I’m kicking myself b/c I nearly typed this exact message out, knowing it would be your response. The discussion was how little separation there was between 4th and 10th, or 11th if that’s what we finished. When I give you evidence of how little the separation was, you just skirt around that. Of course they won the games. And we lost them. Someone has to win and someone has to lose every game believe it not! But that wasn’t the point. 

4 games is not a little. There was plenty of separation. "Well if only we hit this" is why Indiana is where it is. It is constantly "well better luck next year." Well eventually you just have to pull the shirt over the competition and beat the hell out of them for once. (Happy Gilmore reference for anyone wanting to know).

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I’m not following what your first paragraph is telling me I’m missing. So maybe I am missing something. But I really don’t think I am.

You're missing the big picture.  You claim we would be upset with Underwood if he lost a game or two and the ranking slipped from 5 to 18.  Sure we would be on here bitching a moaning about performance.   But we know the Big is a meat grinder.  And we'd still be ranked 18 with a future.  

In the real world, some folks see some major deficiences with the program at this point.  That's not just a poor performance or two.  They are structural flaws.  

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

4 games is not a little. There was plenty of separation. "Well if only we hit this" is why Indiana is where it is. It is constantly "well better luck next year." Well eventually you just have to pull the shirt over the competition and beat the hell out of them for once. (Happy Gilmore reference for anyone wanting to know).

Sheesh this is exhausting. Just go back to the start of our exchange and do it all over again if you desire. But thanks for the reminder why I stopped engaging a long time ago. 

I’ll just shift gears and go with something a little more up your alley....ya know if you just eliminate some if Illinois wins, they didn’t have as many.

35 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

You're missing the big picture.  You claim we would be upset with Underwood if he lost a game or two and the ranking slipped from 5 to 18.  Sure we would be on here bitching a moaning about performance.   But we know the Big is a meat grinder.  And we'd still be ranked 18 with a future.  

In the real world, some folks see some major deficiences with the program at this point.  That's not just a poor performance or two.  They are structural flaws.  

Agree to disagree that I’m missing the big picture. Your second paragraph though, is very similar to the trajectory thing, which again, I don’t disagree with. I’ll say again that I’m not happy with where we are under Archie and it’s hard to see much positive looking forward. If you’d like proof of how uninspired I am right now with IU hoops, to an earlier point you made, about looking at our remaining schedule and finding wins, my answer is that I’m confident about exactly zero of them. I don’t think we go winless, but I have little confidence we find more than about 6 or 7 wins in conference. Which is not in any way acceptable to me. But my thoughts on where our program stands right now was never part of the point I was trying to make. That said, eliminating Ayo and Cockburn, which is entirely possible, along with 2 other Sr. starters doesn’t have me convinced about their future either. Although I never imagined I’d think it would be a bad thing to eliminate a Cockburn.

If Bruce Pearl could stop cheating his butt off, I'd say hire him yesterday.  He has a unique ability to inject a lot of life into a program, which is desperately needed at IU.

The only downside is we would almost certainly end up on probation, if history is any indication.

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Can we just do something like this? It would be a little different for once. Don't have to do black but I need an alternate. Step outside the box a little for our boring program. 

20201228_120256.jpg

20201228_120319.jpg

20201228_120340.jpg

Getting Kawhi Leonard on our team would be a big boost I agree. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Can we just do something like this? It would be a little different for once. Don't have to do black but I need an alternate. Step outside the box a little for our boring program. 

20201228_120256.jpg

20201228_120319.jpg

20201228_120340.jpg

Counterpoint: No. 

40 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

If Bruce Pearl could stop cheating his butt off, I'd say hire him yesterday.  He has a unique ability to inject a lot of life into a program, which is desperately needed at IU.

The only downside is we would almost certainly end up on probation, if history is any indication.

Only if we do something stupid like self report. Hire the Auburn compliance director along with him.

Victor Oladipo, Cody Zeller Wear Indiana's Candy-Stripe Pants to Wedding |  Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

I'm thinking there's appeal to kidz these dayz through the "formal classic nuevo moderna throwback retro swaggy-swiggy" look, which I have crystallized in the image above.

WE MUST WEAR THESE AS OUR UNIs (now and then)

20201228_120256.jpg

20201228_120319.jpg

20201228_120340.jpg

Below are superduper cool unis which appeal to the highest level of recruits:

image.jpeg

1-6

20201228_120256.jpg

20201228_120319.jpg

20201228_120340.jpg

As long as they aren't wearing the 1980s short shorts, uniforms are just noise.  

Illinois needs to be our example unfortunately. After two terrible hires of Mid Major coaches who were clones of Crean and Archie, Illini got it right by hiring a Power 5 coach. IU is a pressure cooker job and you need someone with Power 5 experience. It's that simple. That's the reason why Illinois was in same mediocrity we were 3 yrs ago and has jumped near top of Big Ten while IU is still in neutral. 
IU needs a good Power 5 coach with the pressure cooker this job is. Not Archie's fault, but he was promoted to a big job before he was ready.  That's on our administration. A few more yrs at Dayton and another low end Power 5 job in between and he could be a great hire for a big time school but he is not ready yet.  
If I recall correctly, there were some on this board that didn't want Underwood and panned the hire at Illinois

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If I recall correctly, there were some on this board that didn't want Underwood and panned the hire at Illinois

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That was probably back when we were told our initial staff was the best in college basketball