Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

His comments are just really stupid too. This one might take the cake. Bob Knight went to the final four in his second season. He won 4 conference titles in his first 5 seasons at IU. Archie has finished worse in the big ten each season. From 6th to 9th to 10th. 

Priller is one of the worst players to ever get an IU basketball scholarships and yet the fans still supported him for 4 years. He should probably just stay off Twitter. 

The difference is, and what MSB doesn't realize, is that Knight wanted to win more than anyone -- players, admin, students, etc.  And he not only the will to win, but more importantly the will to prepare to win.  Knight wasn't affraid to use the bench, doghouse and even worse to motivate the players.  Maybe someone should play him the "Greg Graham" tape.  

3 hours ago, IUCane said:

Why do people keep saying we can’t get a highly successful coach??   Do you not believe IU to be a true blue blood program (top 5-7) in the country?  If so, then you have “settled” on your expectations. Don’t expect to get a Ferrari for. Kia price.  This program and this fan base need to WANT and BELIEVE we are the top program we say we are.  I remember Alabama in Football pre-Saban.  The fans were upset at the decade plus lack of results.  They demanded change. The administration identified a current NFL coach as THEIR guy and they went all in to get him despite people thinking it may be unrealistic at the time.  A decade plus and multiple titles later I would say this is well worth the investment.   To use an example, IF IU BELIEVES Stevens or Donovan are THE answer you go GET them. You act like you are a top 5 program and write the check.  If we as fans believe we are a Top 5 program, we DONATE to make sure they can.  

Unfortunately, due to the Knight fiasco, IU won't be doing that for a long time.  They don't want coaches who are bigger than the University.  So we need the guy that can flat out coach, be consistent winners, which will attract the talent needed to win NCAA championships.    

The difference is, and what MSB doesn't realize, is that Knight wanted to win more than anyone -- players, admin, students, etc.  And he not only the will to win, but more importantly the will to prepare to win.  Knight wasn't affraid to use the bench, doghouse and even worse to motivate the players.  Maybe someone should play him the "Greg Graham" tape.  
Yea I cant see almost any of the knight players whining about the fans on social media if it was around back then. They knew playing for iu meant winning and if you were not nobody was happy. Coach spoke for what most call the bad fans today lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, IUCane said:

Why do people keep saying we can’t get a highly successful coach??   Do you not believe IU to be a true blue blood program (top 5-7) in the country?  If so, then you have “settled” on your expectations. Don’t expect to get a Ferrari for. Kia price.  This program and this fan base need to WANT and BELIEVE we are the top program we say we are.  I remember Alabama in Football pre-Saban.  The fans were upset at the decade plus lack of results.  They demanded change. The administration identified a current NFL coach as THEIR guy and they went all in to get him despite people thinking it may be unrealistic at the time.  A decade plus and multiple titles later I would say this is well worth the investment.   To use an example, IF IU BELIEVES Stevens or Donovan are THE answer you go GET them. You act like you are a top 5 program and write the check.  If we as fans believe we are a Top 5 program, we DONATE to make sure they can.  

Because it just isn't happening. Ant college coach is well settled into his spot at a school and guys like Stevens and Donovan would be stupid to leave HC jobs in the NBA for a college job. 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You have to try something staying with the wrong guy ain’t the solution. 

I’ll give them 4 years if there’s progress 3 if it’s a complete **** show. 

Ok. Il'l ask again. Who are you going after? 

You're not throwing up any solutions other than he isn't the one.

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

An irrational way of attaining sustainable success is keeping failing coaches around out of fear that the next one will be worse. 

Re-read what I said. I didn't say keep him for the hell of it.

Who would you like to see us hire? 

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I don’t have to list a name. It’s clear Archie isn’t the guy.  Me guessing who we should hire isn’t going to change that. 

Football teams do it all the time.  They release QBs knowing they will draft a new one.  They don’t know for sure who they will get but they know it’s time to start over  

Butler coach wouldn’t be a bad choice.  Yeah we beat them but they were missing keys players and have significantly less talent. At least their players were trying. Which isn’t something we can say for Archies. 

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Every now and then, I take a look at a Dayton Flyers board (UDPride.com) to see if anyone has anything to say about Archie's continued struggles here. After the loss the other night, someone pondered if he has chemistry issues once again, and said ever since "Girlfriend gate" at Dayton (whatever that was), he's had a problem with cliques on his teams. 

I don't know, he's never really struck me as someone that players would enjoy playing for. I know we chalked it up to coaching Crean's players, but I'm starting to think he's just not a very likable person. 

Archie definitely seems introverted.  Unable to get the guys all together working towards a common purpose.  Which you can do if you are an introvert.  You just have to be a hard *** and give them a common enemy.  

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I don’t have to list a name. It’s clear Archie isn’t the guy.  Me guessing who we should hire isn’t going to change that. 

Football teams do it all the time.  They release QBs knowing they will draft a new one.  They don’t know for sure who they will get but they know it’s time to start over  

Butler coach wouldn’t be a bad choice.  Yeah we beat them but they were missing keys players and have significantly less talent. At least their players were trying. Which isn’t something we can say for Archies. 

Eh. I'd go after Beilein.

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Only way that brings long term success is if you hire his replacements as one of his assistants 

Beilein is 67. Older coaches that probably have a couple more years are Coach K at 73, Ol Roy is 70 and Leonard Hamilton is 71. 

Beilein probably has 7-8 years of following those guys who don’t look to be leaving yet. Just depends on how long it would take to get going.  

I would take some short term success verses what we have been doing. 

36 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

It's not the job of fans to answer that question, it's the AD's job.  It's the coaches job to get his team to come out ready to play, to address the flaws of the roster; Miller hasn't done the former nearly often enough, and he's failed miserably at the latter.  He's paid millions of dollars to do that.

Coaches should have to earn stability; Bob Knight was here for 30 years because he won, not the other way around.  If this crap was happening at pUKe it would not be a pleasant sight.  We want to reclaim our spot with the big boys?  We have to put our big boy pants on and start acting like it, we have to set some expectations and hold to them.

23 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Beilein is 67. Older coaches that probably have a couple more years are Coach K at 73, Ol Roy is 70 and Leonard Hamilton is 71. 

Beilein probably has 7-8 years of following those guys who don’t look to be leaving yet. Just depends on how long it would take to get going.  

Agreed. Who cares about his age. He wins in March. 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Plus that'd get the program on more stable ground and moving forward.

To me that'd beat having to flip from "this young guy could be here 30 years" to "he needs 5-6 years before he can be judged".