Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

I’m not saying I’m anti Archie or anything like that but does anyone else think Priller needs to give it a rest on Twitter? Quite possibly the worst scholarship player and maybe even the worst player to ever play for IU and he’s coming at the fans like we didn’t have to sit there and tolerate him wasting space on the team for four years?
Priller comments on Twitter is what is wrong with indiana basketball. These kids don't get it. The fans will not support weak efforts and losing at indiana. The players shouldn't want to be supported for losing or even for just being a player. They should be pissed off more than the fans but that doesn't seem to be the case and archie hasn't impacted that mentality like I thought he would. That is why the writing is on the wall imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s the writing on the wall to me as well. The fact that we’ve seen little to no player development, pieces that don’t work together, glaring, on-going issues, ie. 4 years of no shooters and most importantly no “Will to win”.

not only do we not see the wins racking up but they continue to quit/get the absolute crap kicked out of them with no rebuttal time and time again.  No fire, no hate to lose attitude... that’s a culture problem

44 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That’s the writing on the wall to me as well. The fact that we’ve seen little to no player development, pieces that don’t work together, glaring, on-going issues, ie. 4 years of no shooters and most importantly no “Will to win”.

not only do we not see the wins racking up but they continue to quit/get the absolute crap kicked out of them with no rebuttal time and time again.  No fire, no hate to lose attitude... that’s a culture problem

Every year the fans appoint some new player as a culture problem. They leave and everything is supposed to be fixed. Yet the poor culture remains 

The administration can’t/won’t get out of their own way. There are plenty of donors that would cover whatever it cost to hire a PROVEN winner at this level. Until that happens, I’ll watch every game and hope we catch lightning in a bottle but won’t be confident we return to the program I grew up watching.

The list is short for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s about where I’m at and see from my understanding. What is up with the admin anyway? You’d think that you would want your biggest revenue generator to be great. Am I alone?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well he is young and has been under K for quite sometime. We aren't going to be getting anyone who has been highly successful. It'll just never happen. We have to get a has been or swing for the fences. Seems like a smart guy. Was a great player at Duke and a champion. Someone that could relate a lot to these younger guys. But... He might be the guy next in line at Duke too. 

Why do people keep saying we can’t get a highly successful coach??   Do you not believe IU to be a true blue blood program (top 5-7) in the country?  If so, then you have “settled” on your expectations. Don’t expect to get a Ferrari for. Kia price.  This program and this fan base need to WANT and BELIEVE we are the top program we say we are.  I remember Alabama in Football pre-Saban.  The fans were upset at the decade plus lack of results.  They demanded change. The administration identified a current NFL coach as THEIR guy and they went all in to get him despite people thinking it may be unrealistic at the time.  A decade plus and multiple titles later I would say this is well worth the investment.   To use an example, IF IU BELIEVES Stevens or Donovan are THE answer you go GET them. You act like you are a top 5 program and write the check.  If we as fans believe we are a Top 5 program, we DONATE to make sure they can.  

Ever since I was a kid, anytime I have been able to watch IU play, I have always been excited to watch the greatest sport ever. That doesn't mean I am ok with mediocrity. That doesn't mean I don't want more B1G Championships. It doesn't mean I don't want to be in the Tournament every year and make it to the Saturday or Sunday of the 2nd weekend and beyond. All of those would make it even more exciting. I figured out a few years ago that I should always be excited about the things I love because you never know when your time is through.

Merry Christmas to all of you. We may not always agree with each other about players, coaches, etc, but we all have 1 thing in common, our love for IU Basketball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agree with the others saying firing Archie now will only bring us more of the same. Who's going to replace him? Unless you get Billy Donovan or Brad Stevens (we aren't), I'm not sure anyone worthwhile will want the IU job. Face it - we aren't the Blue Blood some want to still believe and I have absolutely ZERO faith in our admin to go out and open the wallet. Tom Allen deserves it though. They better pay that man whatever he wants. You can't just keep firing coaches after 3-4 years. That's an irrational way of attaining sustainable success. Building a program takes time. Archie is running out of that, though. 

Just now, mdiu28 said:

Agree with the others saying firing Archie now will only bring us more of the same. Who's going to replace him? Unless you get Billy Donovan or Brad Stevens (we aren't), I'm not sure anyone worthwhile will want the IU job. Face it - we aren't the Blue Blood some want to still believe and I have absolutely ZERO faith in our admin to go out and open the wallet. Tom Allen deserves it though. They better pay that man whatever he wants. You can't just keep firing coaches after 3-4 years. That's an irrational way of attaining sustainable success. Building a program takes time. Archie is running out of that, though. 

We pay the second most in the big ten. Archie was one of the most sought after young coaches in basketball.  

Stop this BS narrative that we can’t get anybody. The same stuff was spewed about Crean. Archie has failed miserably but he was still a hot commodity at the time. 

Will they be better who knows.  But we have seen Archie can’t get it done   

6 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

With the financial situation that COVID has brought to some of these athletic departments my guess is buying a coach out of his contract is not something that many will be doing 

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

With the financial situation that COVID has brought to some of these athletic departments my guess is buying a coach out of his contract is not something that many will be doing 

Who knows how to start a gofundme?  

4 hours ago, 8bucks said:

For those that say the problems exist above Archie, how did Allen do it in football? Is his success not sustainable?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's just one of the many excuses they've given him.  It clearly isn't hampering Allen

37 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We pay the second most in the big ten. Archie was one of the most sought after young coaches in basketball.  

Stop this BS narrative that we can’t get anybody. The same stuff was spewed about Crean. Archie has failed miserably but he was still a hot commodity at the time. 

Will they be better who knows.  But we have seen Archie can’t get it done   

Fair enough. I disagree. "Will they be better who knows". I mean, come on. You don't fire someone and simply hope the next guy is better. That would be the most incompetent thing the admin could do. 

Say we fire Archie end of this year - who are you going after and how long are you giving him to succeed? 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Every year the fans appoint some new player as a culture problem. They leave and everything is supposed to be fixed. Yet the poor culture remains 

I've always found it weird to blame the kids when there's a highly paid adult in charge of their play.

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Priller comments on Twitter is what is wrong with indiana basketball. These kids don't get it. The fans will not support weak efforts and losing at indiana. The players shouldn't want to be supported for losing or even for just being a player. They should be pissed off more than the fans but that doesn't seem to be the case and archie hasn't impacted that mentality like I thought he would. That is why the writing is on the wall imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

His comments are just really stupid too. This one might take the cake. Bob Knight went to the final four in his second season. He won 4 conference titles in his first 5 seasons at IU. Archie has finished worse in the big ten each season. From 6th to 9th to 10th. 

Priller is one of the worst players to ever get an IU basketball scholarships and yet the fans still supported him for 4 years. He should probably just stay off Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Seems this culture problem has existed through different rosters and coaches.  So what's the underlying problem and why hasn't it been fixed?

1 hour ago, mdiu28 said:

An irrational way of attaining sustainable success is keeping failing coaches around out of fear that the next one will be worse. 

46 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Seems this culture problem has existed through different rosters and coaches.  So what's the underlying problem and why hasn't it been fixed?

Every now and then, I take a look at a Dayton Flyers board (UDPride.com) to see if anyone has anything to say about Archie's continued struggles here. After the loss the other night, someone pondered if he has chemistry issues once again, and said ever since "Girlfriend gate" at Dayton (whatever that was), he's had a problem with cliques on his teams. 

I don't know, he's never really struck me as someone that players would enjoy playing for. I know we chalked it up to coaching Crean's players, but I'm starting to think he's just not a very likable person. 

1 hour ago, mdiu28 said:

Fair enough. I disagree. "Will they be better who knows". I mean, come on. You don't fire someone and simply hope the next guy is better. That would be the most incompetent thing the admin could do. 

Say we fire Archie end of this year - who are you going after and how long are you giving him to succeed? 

You have to try something staying with the wrong guy ain’t the solution. 

I’ll give them 4 years if there’s progress 3 if it’s a complete **** show. 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Right, and I don’t necessarily mean “bad apple/s” I mean kids that lack that competitive drive, that take every possession and every loss personally and hate hate hate to lose. I don’t think we have many of those guys.

we get down big to a team and time and time again they fold their tents up and quit. So so many blowout loses since Archie has been here. It started that way on his first game and has never stopped