Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

Obvioulsy cheating.  

We showed interest/recruited Luka Garza, Aaron Henry, Curbelo, Cockburn, Dosunmu, Hunter Dickinson?,

Dj Carton, Dawson Garcia, Keion Brooks, Bouknight, and host of other nice looking players.

Add 2 of those guys to this roster and let them play, are we a top 10 team? Maybe not. But probably.

Recruiting is dipping, and you have to win with the guys you have so it all means nothing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We showed interest/recruited Luka Garza, Aaron Henry, Curbelo, Cockburn, Dosunmu, Hunter Dickinson?,

Dj Carton, Dawson Garcia, Keion Brooks, Bouknight, and host of other nice looking players.

Add 2 of those guys to this roster and let them play, are we a top 10 team? Maybe not. But probably.

Recruiting is dipping, and you have to win with the guys you have so it all means nothing.

I don't think adding any of them helps. Archie's system is that seriously flawed. There isn't anything that will help this offense. Even when Franklin was on fire against Butler, everything was still clogged. Even the pack line defense is weak for it being the 4th year and having several guys who have played 2+ years in it. Archie doesn't belong at IU. Plain and simple. He belongs somewhere with low expectations.

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

TJD isn't ready for the league. He's not even near the 1st round and at best he'd be a G-League / Camp invite player. He can't shoot, he still can't finish around the rim that he would need to in the league. Defensively he still has a ways to go guarding the little guys. 

Remember Morgan? Yeah he didn't even get drafted and he could play a little PG, shoot the 3 a little, and defend most positions in college. He worked hard in the G-League. Got the right fit with the right organization and now he's a rotational player for the Utah Jazz!

TJD will be back at Indiana next year. He loves Bloomington and IU. 

TJD is a center in the NBA. And would fit in well as a rebounder and rim protector. He wouldn't be looked upon to score outside of some pick and roll lobs and put backs. A Tristan Thompson type of roll. 

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd say he should be a top candidate to get a job somewhere. Even at 33. 

Curious as to why you think that?  I will honestly say I don’t know much about him, but the lack of major success from any other K disciples has me less than enthused about this guy.  I still think Archie has proven to not be the guy so  I view any change as good change. 

Edited by IUCane

51 minutes ago, IUCane said:

Curious as to why you think that?  I will honestly say I don’t know much about him, but the lack of major success from any other K disciples has me less than enthused about this guy.  I still think Archie has proven to not be the guy so  I view any change as good change. 

Well he is young and has been under K for quite sometime. We aren't going to be getting anyone who has been highly successful. It'll just never happen. We have to get a has been or swing for the fences. Seems like a smart guy. Was a great player at Duke and a champion. Someone that could relate a lot to these younger guys. But... He might be the guy next in line at Duke too. 

Chris Collins! Born to coach, played at a high level, young, and a great pedigree! Starting to see his father in alot of his approach, and coaching philosophy!

Would love to see what he could do with top talent. 

I’m not saying I’m anti Archie or anything like that but does anyone else think Priller needs to give it a rest on Twitter? Quite possibly the worst scholarship player and maybe even the worst player to ever play for IU and he’s coming at the fans like we didn’t have to sit there and tolerate him wasting space on the team for four years?

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Aaron Henry basically came down to not coming here because of Jerome Hunter.  Roster space/playing time went out the window for him when Hunter signed (at the time).  At the time nobody would have taken Henry over Hunter.  Didn't play out well.

At this point, I'm just frustrated whenever I watch.  What would get me revive my confidence is hope.  I don't what that entails.

52 minutes ago, zsmithey4 said:

I’m not saying I’m anti Archie or anything like that but does anyone else think Priller needs to give it a rest on Twitter? Quite possibly the worst scholarship player and maybe even the worst player to ever play for IU and he’s coming at the fans like we didn’t have to sit there and tolerate him wasting space on the team for four years?

I don't really think he knows much. Which is odd. 

40 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

For those that say the problems exist above Archie, how did Allen do it in football? Is his success not sustainable?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not intended as a knock on Allen, he earned that COY award, but to be fair it's IUFB so falling back down wouldn't be a shock to anyone.