Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

If he hasn’t fixed the same issues after 4 years. What are odds he fixes them in year 5.  

Well when you get into the tournament you never know what will happen. First two years = bad. Last year? Things were trending up. I could’ve seen us winning a game or two in the tourney. This year? Getting to the tournament is a must. Winning a game, two, or even three would be huge. Next year? IF - and I understand it’s a big IF - TJD comes back, and we get a grad transfer big, we’re contending for a national championship.

For those reasons, I’m much more more optimistic about the Archie tenure for the time being. I don’t like where the offense or shooting is at, but I LOVE our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Well when you get into the tournament you never know what will happen. First two years = bad. Last year? Things were trending up. I could’ve seen us winning a game or two in the tourney. This year? Getting to the tournament is a must. Winning a game, two, or even three would be huge. Next year? IF - and I understand it’s a big IF - TJD comes back, and we get a grad transfer big, we’re contending for a national championship.

For those reasons, I’m much more more optimistic about the Archie tenure for the time being. I don’t like where the offense or shooting is at, but I LOVE our defense.

We are never competing for a national championship in under Archie. Never. 

27 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Lol.  You think we are 1 or 2 players from a National Championship?  We are 3 players from a starting line up. 

We’re not going to win very many games this year if we can’t even beat Northwestern at home. The worst part is I’m not even mad about it. Between no fans and our mediocre team, I’m just indifferent. I expect to lose games like tonight at this point. Maybe one day we’ll be good again. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’re not going to win very many games this year if we can’t even beat Northwestern at home. The worst part is I’m not even mad about it. Between no fans and our mediocre team, I’m just indifferent. I expect to lose games like tonight at this point. Maybe one day we’ll be good again. 

Not with Mid Major Miller as coach.  He has to go

32 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

TJD’s not coming back, they’ll have a roster hole on the interior anyone could’ve seen coming years ahead, the roster is perpetually one guy short or one injury from disaster while he carries an empty scholarship...I don’t know that it’s time to cut bait but anyone who thinks he’s clearly the answer is just unwilling to accept some glaring flaws

To the people who have watched Archie Miller basketball game after game, year after year and say that we're on the right track...I'm sorry but you don't understand basketball.  You should just quit now.

The real problem becomes what glass said he wanted iu to become when he was hiring a new coach and where we are. Archie should be fired because we appear to be nowhere close to where crean had us on a few occasions. By that I mean I don't even see a path to getting there unless tjd stays and a few underclassmen improve greatly which hasn't happened under archie minus race Thompson

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m so disappointed and embarrassed. It’s not even fun to watch IU anymore. I really thought Archie was a great hire, but it’s clearly not working and 4 years of this & recruiting falling off this year is enough to move on. Not sure who’s out there, but IU has to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If we are not going to beat Northwestern at home now what?
Look at how HARD Northwestern plays and then look at how we play (outside of a couple).

The effort thing is what worries me the most.  Been a problem since CAM has been here.  These are his kids.  No excuses.  

Trey Galloway should get as many minutes as he can handle.  A few need a permanent spot on the bench and Leal needs some damn playing time.  I know none of this will happen.  The fact that it won’t should cost him his job.

On 12/21/2020 at 4:17 PM, Old Friend said:

Whatever.  Semantics, and certainly not with any volume.  See : "same guys bitching about the same sh*t."   You and Josh.  What a shock.  Return to your miserably negative and vindictive life and keep congratulating yourself on how smart you are.   Same guys.  Same sh*t.  Predictable as the sunrise.   Laters.

Maybe it will be another "year" before you respond to this, but I'd love to know what you're seeing with Archie Miller that the rest of us aren't. 

13 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe it will be another "year" before you respond to this, but I'd love to know what you're seeing with Archie Miller that the rest of us aren't. 

At some point Archie is going to have to show it to us. This year looks like another year just like the last three, and our recruiting class for next year is looking like a complete dud. How does IU get to consistent success from where we are right now? Because I honestly don’t see it. If TJD leaves then next year will be absolutely brutal. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

At some point Archie is going to have to show it to us. This year looks like another year just like the last three, and our recruiting class for next year is looking like a complete dud. How does IU get to consistent success from where we are right now? Because I honestly don’t see it. If TJD leaves them next year will be absolutely brutal. 

If TJD leaves, we may as well fire Archie and move on. There's no way we'd be a better team next season. Maybe we could have been if he hadn't royally f*cked up this recruiting class.