Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

On 12/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, IUc2016 said:

Dude you make me miss IUgradman. Not sure how he got booted but your nonsense still sticks around.

Anyway, no this team isn’t perfect, but good lord they just played the best half of defense an IU team has played in an awfully long time. Try to be happy for once might like it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What I am seeing that is positive is some of these younger guys stepping up and outplaying the older ones.  I am seeing less and less PT for some of our upperclassmen if this continues.  

Gone for almost a year and it's the same guys bitching about the same sh*t, (it's seriously like Groundhog day) with the same complete lack of understanding about the bigger picture.
We'll know a lot more about things when we hire a new president.   Hint to the same cast of characters.    McRobbie is the problem.  Not Archie.  We can keep up the carousel of coaches if you guys want to.   That will never matter without the right support, and boys.....we don't have it under McRobbie.   Think bigger.
See you in a year.

OF, good to see you my friend. It’s been too long :)

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Gone for almost a year and it's the same guys bitching about the same sh*t, (it's seriously like Groundhog day) with the same complete lack of understanding about the bigger picture.

We'll know a lot more about things when we hire a new president.   Hint to the same cast of characters.    McRobbie is the problem.  Not Archie.  We can keep up the carousel of coaches if you guys want to.   That will never matter without the right support, and boys.....we don't have it under McRobbie.   Think bigger.

See you in a year.

Lol maybe because the same stuff keeps happening.  How long does the big picture take to develop btw?

And you last posted in August.  So while it’s been a glorious 4 months.  Sadly far short of a year. 

It's not like the NCAA actually cares.  Deny deny deny, don't self report and self punish.  Taking a moral high ground gets you nowhere when the powers that be don't care if their rules are broken.

I’ve said this for years. Win at all cost! Yes, it would be nice to win the right way. Of course that would feel better. But at the same time, things have changed since the 80’s and even 90’s. And we need to change our morals to win games.

I was on the building a new place bandwagon too. Assembly could have been kept as a museum and home to women's basketball and volleyball. Some new slick jerseys would just be nice to see for a new era. Tradition just isn't an excuse. Duke and UK change theirs but I guess they don't have tradition. 

I said this 7-8 years ago and got hammered for it.

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol maybe because the same stuff keeps happening.  How long does the big picture take to develop btw?

And you last posted in August.  So while it’s been a glorious 4 months.  Sadly far short of a year. 

Whatever.  Semantics, and certainly not with any volume.  See : "same guys bitching about the same sh*t."   You and Josh.  What a shock.  Return to your miserably negative and vindictive life and keep congratulating yourself on how smart you are.   Same guys.  Same sh*t.  Predictable as the sunrise.   Laters.

9 hours ago, Honkyman said:

I wondered what happened to Old Friend? The reason I was thinking about him is that Old Friend more than anyone else predicted Armaan Franklin would be a very good player. So he deserves credit as Armaan is breaking out this season.

Armaan deserves credit for that, but thank you.

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Whatever.  Semantics, and certainly not with any volume.  See : "same guys bitching about the same sh*t."   You and Josh.  What a shock.  Return to your miserably negative and vindictive life and keep congratulating yourself on how smart you are.   Same guys.  Same sh*t.  Predictable as the sunrise.   Laters.

Lol...and same old GoColts.  

Not sure I'd agree on "best perimeter defender" and he has his short-comings, but the guy seems to have a good attitude and as far as I can tell is a good team-mate and loves IU. Sure I wish IU was deep enough that Al was the 8-9th guy in the rotation, but they aren't and he's given 4 years to the program. That is worth something. 

1 hour ago, croneleoni said:

Someone might disagree to this......can you guess?Screenshot_20201223-103508_Twitter.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G981U using BtownBanners mobile app

The article’s probably right, but that’s kind of the problem. Al is a fine player but if he’s your best guard, that’s not a good sign for your team. 

3 hours ago, croneleoni said:

Someone might disagree to this......can you guess?Screenshot_20201223-103508_Twitter.jpeg

Statistically... No. Armaan Franklin is averaging more rebounds. Armaan and Rob are shooting better from 3. Armaan is our best perimeter defender. So this article is pretty bad now. That article can't be new. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The article’s probably right, but that’s kind of the problem. Al is a fine player but if he’s your best guard, that’s not a good sign for your team. 

I'd say he's been the most disappointing player this season. 9.8 points and shooting 62.5% from the free throw line and 29.2% from 3. We need him to finally step up or we need Franklin to stay agreessive and hot. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd say he's been the most disappointing player this season. 9.8 points and shooting 62.5% from the free throw line and 29.2% from 3. We need him to finally step up or we need Franklin to stay agreessive and hot. 

Yep while going up to 4.8 rebounds from 2.1.  Or while raising his assists and lowering his turnovers.  I can work with small sample sizes too since you think his only job is to score.  He has stepped in areas we needed him to.  He needs to get his shooting numbers back to historical averages.  But with like 16 free throws and 24 3’s shot, I am not exactly too worried about a 4th year player there.  His rebounding to this point is far more important than him hitting 2 more 3’s to make you feel better about his shooting.  He is doing just fine.

Statistically... No. Armaan Franklin is averaging more rebounds. Armaan and Rob are shooting better from 3. Armaan is our best perimeter defender. So this article is pretty bad now. That article can't be new. 
This article came out yesterday and it's referencing his 4 years here. The point of me posting is your hatred towards him is a little much. Like I said before, he does make some bonehead mistakes but we all can do that. Of course, anyone can make someone look bad if you constantly highlight every mistake There have been plenty of things he has done before that you wish to ignore.