Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

5 minutes ago, jk34 said:

He also turned TJD into a  22pt, 9 reb, and 73% ft.

Which is great but there’s more to the game than 2 point shooting.  Have to be able to hit perimeter shots.  

And TJDs percentage is actually down from last year. Increased totals are the result of volume. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well one its a joke so calm yourself. Two, being charismatic isn't acting like Crean. It's just not acting like a robot. Being a bit looser and not looking so uncomfortable in social situations. Archie is very straight faced and mono toned a lot of the time. Maybe actually winning and being successful would change that. Who knows. 

I’m in the minority here but personality matters to me when we are talking about college basketball and the kind of dollars these coaches are raking in.

I was behind Crean until the end because of it.  I’ll take the guy and give him a longer rope who shows his love for IU and says as much every chance he gets.  The guy that says he loves Bloomington and who is (and family) VERY visible in the community (on and off campus). I will hitch my ride to the guy that from what the AD said himself fought like hell to keep his job and didn’t just resign or run away with his tail between his legs.  The guy that told his AD to give him one more year and bet on him like he was betting on himself.  

The point being personality matters in a place like college basketball.  Ask recruits.  I’m not saying CAM needs to act like Crean but to a large part of this fan base the head coach at Indiana University needs to outwardly show some passion and love for the brand and for all things IU.

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is great but there’s more to the game than 2 point shooting.  Have to be able to hit perimeter shots.  

And TJDs percentage is actually down from last year. Increased totals are the result of volume. 

Player development! More touches! Better offensive sets!

1 hour ago, jk34 said:

I know you don't 

You made a list of things Archie hasn’t done. So have you changed your position?  I guess giving your best player more touches is something.  But it’s not that much.  

You trotted out a guy whose shooting has gotten worse the longer he’s been with Archie as an example that Archie can teach shooting. Did that finally dawn on you? 

Just a hypothetical question to see others thoughts. I call on the coal mines in Kentucky so deal with a lot of UK fans, who are growing tired of Cals methods and this year is not setting well with them. We know UK fans turn just as fast as we do. Hypothetically, if Cal were to be available in the next year or so, how many of you would jump on the hire Cal wagon. Personal feelings aside, he has the success and tourney runs most have been asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Just a hypothetical question to see others thoughts. I call on the coal mines in Kentucky so deal with a lot of UK fans, who are growing tired of Cals methods and this year is not setting well with them. We know UK fans turn just as fast as we do. Hypothetically, if Cal were to be available in the next year or so, how many of you would jump on the hire Cal wagon. Personal feelings aside, he has the success and tourney runs most have been asking for.

Him and Archie have the same problem.  Their systems are outdated.  Archie by 4 or 5 decades. Cal by 4 or 5 years. 

Cal can’t win without 6 top 20 players every year. And he can’t deliver that anymore 

No

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

That slimeball is everything wrong with college athletics wrapped in a suit.  In short

Michael Scott No GIFs | Tenor

Just to clarify, I by no means am suggesting in favor of this. Just wanted to make sure at the end of the day most of us were still thinking clearly on the subject with all differences aside.

Nope

An absolute no. If that happened, I would turn in my fan status.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 12/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Since you're a critic (obviously), my guess is you're trying to justify your narrative -- which is strewn relentlessly throughout this board. Since you've written over and and over and over and over again how you feel about Archie, my only question would be -- is this thread really even necessary? 

Ditto

Similar question.

Who thinks UK pulls in some already successful high major coach when Calipari retires/NBAs and is better than Indiana within 2 years?

Me...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Similar question.

Who thinks UK pulls in some already successful high major coach when Calipari retires/NBAs and is better than Indiana within 2 years?

Me...

UK is willing to pay for success. Indiana hopes to find and cultivate success. One works more frequently than the other.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

UK is willing to pay for success. Indiana hopes to find and cultivate success. One works more frequently than the other.

If UK makes a hire that doesn’t make them elite he will be gone after year 3.  Because they demand success. We hope for it