Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Indiana vs Purdue GAME CANCELLED AGAIN

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

This will be a very interesting week for sure. Will they screw IU over to find them another opponent which they wouldn’t allow Nebraska to do, or will they screw IU over by changing their own rules to allow OSU into the title game?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes!

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Quick question, how can I get a Gif to post straight to the thread? Mine does a link? Asking for quick help instead of researching it myself lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You fixed it! Nice job  ;)

Can someone please explain to me why rules need to be changed other then incompetence by the Big Ten?

First off when you made this rule you knew this could be a problem. If they had never put in such requirements no one would say anything. More importantly OSU is going to make the College Football Playoff whether they play for Big Ten Title or second place against Iowa. There is zero reason to change rule to accommodate OSU when they will ultimately get to the CFP whether they play in Title game or not. 

The Big Ten is just incompetent but we already knew that.

7 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Can someone please explain to me why rules need to be changed other then incompetence by the Big Ten?

First off when you made this rule you knew this could be a problem. If they had never put in such requirements no one would say anything. More importantly OSU is going to make the College Football Playoff whether they play for Big Ten Title or second place against Iowa. There is zero reason to change rule to accommodate OSU when they will ultimately get to the CFP whether they play in Title game or not. 

The Big Ten is just incompetent but we already knew that.

I don’t understand why the BigTen assumes AD’s will jump at the chance to help OSU. A win vs Northwestern isnt necessary to keep them in the playoff. Honestly I don’t really care if IU gets to play for the title by default because I don’t want to win that way and have to hear about it being an asterisk from now on but all this BS bending over backwards for OSU so they can keep lording over the rest of the conference is absured 

3 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I don’t understand why the BigTen assumes AD’s will jump at the chance to help OSU. A win vs Northwestern isnt necessary to keep them in the playoff. Honestly I don’t really care if IU gets to play for the title by default because I don’t want to win that way and have to hear about it being an asterisk from now on but all this BS bending over backwards for OSU so they can keep lording over the rest of the conference is absured 

Either way OSU will play a ranked team either Northwestern or Iowa. Not sure what the big deal is either. 

16 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

That's actually a decent point. Why not just have us play NW for the title and OSU play Iowa in a crossover game? The CFP committee can still pick Brutus for its final four, provided they beat Iowa -- I don't believe it's obligated to take the B1G champion. That's a pretty easy out for the conference in all this ... 

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Seen reports that multiple B1G programs (not just PUke and MI) have virus problems including our own.  Gonna be a verrrry interesting week.

The avg games played is 5.85 right now. If all the games are cancelled, that lets O$U in the B1G title game without having to politic. 

how-convenient-church-lady.jpg?w=400