Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Indiana vs Purdue GAME CANCELLED AGAIN

8 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Hearing there are still doubts this game gets played. Big reason why they scheduled Iowa against Michigan instead of IU. This could be bad for us. IF we don’t play and Iowa wins, they will assuredly jump us and squeeze us out of a NY6 Bowl.

One thing I will say is bowls are probably less concerned with how well a team's fans travel this year since the stands are going to be mostly empty.  Probably helps IU as we're a pretty good story this year.

11 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

One thing I will say is bowls are probably less concerned with how well a team's fans travel this year since the stands are going to be mostly empty.  Probably helps IU as we're a pretty good story this year.

Great point. Yet, I remain confident in saying we travelled well for the Gator Bowl last year (or....this year?). TV didn't show it, and Tennessee certainly had more fans, but it was a good showing on our part all things considered. Regardless of where we land - Fiesta, Outback, Citrus - it's really a bummer we won't have the opportunity to prove how well we would travel to support the best team we've had in decades. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What's more likely to happen, IU playing PU in Football on Friday or IU playing Butler in basketball on Saturday?

Is the Butler game actually in jeopardy now? Good lord, that place has been a Covid factory this season. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Is the Butler game actually in jeopardy now? Good lord, that place has been a Covid factory this season. 

They played their first game on Nov 25 and have been shut down ever since. 

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What's more likely to happen, IU playing PU in Football on Friday or IU playing Butler in basketball on Saturday?

I'd say football -- only because it's been two weeks since the last game for both, and they've hopefully had time to get issues taken care of.
But I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box!

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think it was Tuesday. 

If that's the case I'd say the basketball game is much more likely. If the league scheduled this game on Friday knowing it would be Tuesday at the earliest before each team could start back up practicing, it seems even more likely that everyone knew it wasn't happening.