Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Indiana vs Purdue GAME CANCELLED AGAIN

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Chris, please confirm this. I don't want the media making it look like neither of us could play. 

I think our morning test confirmed that it's gotten into our locker room. Have to get it contained now to have any shot to play next week. I think when I was told it was just staff members, I was being told the best possible scenario but that info was not divulged like that. 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I have inside info, IU players are dealing with it also, and not just this morning.   He said he knew of 2 for sure through his fraternity and possibly/likely more.  

Now, if only I was a dentist in Bloomington, we'd have all the scoop.  lol

I am sure this was already done, but I hope IU is looking into whether anyone on the team was irresponsible to cause this Covid outbreak.

This is an unpresented situation, but it would be a shame if we are kept out of New Years Six bowl because we are unable to play next week because of a Covid outbreak caused by carelessness. If anyone did anything wrong, no matter how good they are I would not let them play rest of season.

I really hope this is just a case of increasing cases in the State and everyone did everything right and just caught it in course of life. If anyone or multiple people on team did anything to jeopardize IU's season to me they need to be made an example of for potentially torpedoing IU out of a New Year's Six Bowl and denying IU the end to the season they deserve.  

If Sam Story is right on twitter and IU cannot play Iowa next weekend it really does not matter if the Big Ten screwed us out of the Championship (they did) as we would of had to decline due to Covid which would of been interesting. 

Time to watch other games around us and see if things fall into place to get New Years 6 rather than Outback or Citrus. Would be great for Hoosiers is Mizzou beat Georgia, Wisconsin beat Iowa and UNC beats Miami. 

I can't blame the Big Ten this time.

Keeping IU out of Big Ten Championship was criminal, but if everyone else is healthy they should be allowed to play this weekend. Basically, the Big Ten has told IU and PU they can play if healthy and matched all the healthy opponents up which I don't have a problem with.

Also, if game is played and we are down a few players for COVID, I would much rather play a bad PU team also dealing with COVID problems than a full strength good Iowa team who would almost assuredly beat us.