Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Indiana vs Purdue GAME CANCELLED AGAIN

1 hour ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I don’t understand why the BigTen assumes AD’s will jump at the chance to help OSU. A win vs Northwestern isnt necessary to keep them in the playoff. Honestly I don’t really care if IU gets to play for the title by default because I don’t want to win that way and have to hear about it being an asterisk from now on but all this BS bending over backwards for OSU so they can keep lording over the rest of the conference is absured 

Because of the money the universities make by one of its programs going to the playoffs.  It’s shared money.  

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Because of the money the universities make by one of its programs going to the playoffs.  It’s shared money.  

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a thousand times...OSU is not losing a playoff spot by not playing Northwestern for a conference title. They play Iowa anyway 

15 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a thousand times...OSU is not losing a playoff spot by not playing Northwestern for a conference title. They play Iowa anyway 

You asked why, and that’s the why.  Money.  They are at 5-0 and 4th in the CFP rankings.  With A&M at 7-1 and Florida at 8-1 the B1G a will do everything they can to ensure OSU has 6 games at least.  

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Either way OSU will play a ranked team either Northwestern or Iowa. Not sure what the big deal is either. 

Very good point. The fact that all of the East vs West are playing each other diminishes the need for OSU to be in the championship game. They beat either NW or IA and they are still in the playoff. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

No bucket game are you kidding me.  If they screw us and put OSU in the championship game I want Purdue in week 9

If we follow the protocol that everyone not named OSU has followed, we wouldn't be playing next week either. 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

You asked why, and that’s the why.  Money.  They are at 5-0 and 4th in the CFP rankings.  With A&M at 7-1 and Florida at 8-1 the B1G a will do everything they can to ensure OSU has 6 games at least.  

I'm curious to know the difference between CFP money and other bowl money.  Are we talking 5+ million or a couple hundred thousand?

Also, if they actually put Texas A&M, Florida, Iowa State, or Oklahoma in over O$U if O$U just beat Iowa instead of winning the Big Ten Championship I'd lose my mind. 

30 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm curious to know the difference between CFP money and other bowl money.  Are we talking 5+ million or a couple hundred thousand?

Also, if they actually put Texas A&M, Florida, Iowa State, or Oklahoma in over O$U if O$U just beat Iowa instead of winning the Big Ten Championship I'd lose my mind. 

It varies dramatically by bowl.
Last year a higher tier bowl, such as IU in the Gator,  paid 5.35mm per team while the playoff games paid around 6mm. Since the BT splits the money among all teams the difference isn’t much. 
A bowl like the Motor City Bowl, however, only paid out 2mm per team.

It varies dramatically by bowl.
Last year a higher tier bowl, such as IU in the Gator,  paid 5.35mm per team while the playoff games paid around 6mm. Since the BT splits the money among all teams the difference isn’t much. 
A bowl like the Motor City Bowl, however, only paid out 2mm per team.

Didn’t think it was really that significant. We’re talking about $50,000 per Big Ten team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Of course, Purdue has a Covid issue, and within a few hours, suddenly we do as well. 

F*ck Covid and f*ck the Big Ten. 

Oh, and f*ck Purdue, just because. 

Covid? maybe if it wears the right perfume. Big ten? hmmm, possibly after a few drinks. But Purdue?! No, I have standards! They can F#&K themselves :) 

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

From what I understand this is not a major issue that might not even include any players. I was told last night that we should be fine for this weekend, but we'll see if the dumpster up north will be ready to go.

Chris, please confirm this. I don't want the media making it look like neither of us could play.