Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

Couple thoughts:

1. Not a criticism of Buffalouie’s, but I think he’s a 2 on this roster. Clearly he can play some 1 and might slot there as much as Franklin/Durham, which is to say: variable backup minutes dependent on health/productivity from Phinisee and Lander.

2. No idea how his defense will look to Arch, and it’s relevant because it’s how you get on the floor. IU isn’t running a by-the-book pack line this year, they’re switching some 1-3 or 1-4 and sometimes denying one pass away. (IMO those are good things that address the weaknesses of a stock pack line.)

This is my concern as well.  If he can't seamlessly integrate into the pack line then I am not sure we will see an impact from his addition this season.  This is 'ok' if, as projected, he is in Bloomington for 1+/2+ years.

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

There’s exactly three players on this roster that are (rightly) guaranteed as many minutes as they can handle: TJD, Race, and Armaan.

If Stewart comes in he will compete for any minutes that don’t take away from those three.

The fact that your 1st sentence is absolutely true speaks volumes about the need. Franklin is a really useful complimentary piece. But if he’s the best guard on your roster your guards aren’t good enough.

Would really like to see some full games of Stewart’s. Even in highlights he doesn’t look athletic enough to get his own looks against really top guys. So he may be purely a sniper, which would actually be great. In my experience, coaches’ kids always know how to play off the ball and a catch and shoot guy who can’t be left would change this team. But I would really like to see him play defense. If he’s just solid he finds minutes.

The only full game of Stewart’s I’ve found so far. Presented without comment, except for this: It’s just 1 game, but if this is a fair representation of his game, if he’s not making shots, he’s not helping you.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

The only full game of Stewart’s I’ve found so far. Presented without comment, except for this: It’s just 1 game, but if this is a fair representation of his game, if he’s not making shots, he’s not helping you.

I got through the first 7 minutes of game clock and turned it off. Regardless of whether he comes to IU or not, if he plays like he did in this game he’ll never see the floor

Well, the more and more it looks like Mohammad to Georgia the more and more Archie needs to land Stewart. Would be huge potentially for this season and future ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. I think it’s pretty obvious this team needs more shooters, and it helps that he can play both on or off the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I got through the first 7 minutes of game clock and turned it off. Regardless of whether he comes to IU or not, if he plays like he did in this game he’ll never see the floor

Oof...agreed.

No defensive intensity whatsoever.

The jump shot is real though.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oof...agreed.

No defensive intensity whatsoever.

The jump shot is real though.

Defense, willingness to share the ball/create for his teammates, rebounding his position, overall hustle...just isn’t there. Looks like a kid who saves his energy for offense and takes faaaaar too many bad/forced shots. Much of this is correctable with the right mindset and coaching but he better come correct if he’s going to play at IU or don’t come at all.