Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

On 12/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, Free Jurkin! said:

I can't tell exactly, but it looks like he has the ball too low in his palm and so doesn't have enough control. The rest of the shot looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son noticed the same thing in the last game. Hopefully he can get to where he is a real threat from 3.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Race has nice form. And he’s lucky to hit the inner 70% of the rim from 3. I’m kinda glad he keeps trying here and there but his form and results don’t match.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He doesn't finish his form very well. Really needs to snap his wrist and hold it. Maybe needs to watch some Rashard Lewis because his shot is almost that. If he'd just finish through with a snap and hold, I think he'd hit more. 

Just looked at Stewart's bio. Though he's been around forever, he's only played three years of college ball. 

2017-18 -- Pitt
2018-19 -- DNP
2019-20 -- UT Martin
2020-21 -- DNP
2021-22 -- IU 

So that has me curious: Does he have one year left? Or does he get two, with the COVID year? I believe he sat out in '18-19 due to the transfer, then missed last year for personal reasons. I suspect he's done at IU, but wonder if he'll take that last year, or years, somewhere else -- or just get on with his life. 

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just looked at Stewart's bio. Though he's been around forever, he's only played three years of college ball. 

2017-18 -- Pitt
2018-19 -- DNP
2019-20 -- UT Martin
2020-21 -- DNP
2021-22 -- IU 

So that has me curious: Does he have one year left? Or does he get two, with the COVID year? I believe he sat out in '18-19 due to the transfer, then missed last year for personal reasons. I suspect he's done at IU, but wonder if he'll take that last year, or years, somewhere else -- or just get on with his life. 

He's 24. Unless he wants a grad degree paid for, he's likely done with college hoops.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's 24. Unless he wants a grad degree paid for, he's likely done with college hoops.

I actually believe he's 23. Will turn 24 in July. Regardless, I believe he's done, too. 

But I wondered if for some reason, he wanted to play on, how many years he'd have left ... 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I actually believe he's 23. Will turn 24 in July. Regardless, I believe he's done, too. 

But I wondered if for some reason, he wanted to play on, how many years he'd have left ... 

One for sure, with a waiver for a second year likely given his circumstances with his dad.

32 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

2017-18 -- Pitt
2018-19 -- DNP
2019-20 -- UT Martin
2020-21 -- DNP
2021-22 -- IU 

If It was up to me, and he wanted to continue to play I would encourage him to move on. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If It was up to me, and he wanted to continue to play I would encourage him to move on. 

Same, I will never understand why he's played so much. Seems like he is Woody's guy.

22 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Same, I will never understand why he's played so much. Seems like he is Woody's guy.

Because he’s a good 3 point shooter on a team in dire need of 3 point shooting. We’re 13th in the conference. Johnson has a good percentage too but teams basically dare him to shoot. We need Stewart for at least some semblance of spacing.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

2017-18 -- Pitt
2018-19 -- DNP
2019-20 -- UT Martin
2020-21 -- DNP
2021-22 -- IU 

He has 1 year of eligibility left. 

I think he moves on. I hope so, at least. He was eligible to play immediately in '20-'21 but that was due to a hardship waiver, IIRC, so I believe he still has his "free" transfer available if he wants to play elsewhere next season.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I would have been happy if he had started to play this year.   I can't think of an IU player historically who gave off more of a vibe of simply not wanting to be anywhere near a basketball court than him.

Not sure if this is a factor but Woody had several people take on mentor roles for him when he was in HS and college. I suspect he sees a young man in need of some encouragement. Combine that with the fact that as bad as it seems he is our only real threat from deep.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

B Braun has their own BBAll team? wholy smokes. I gott up my price you them ! :)