Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow...that's a tough find IUScott!

Him too.

I forgot what year but it might have been in the same class as Eggers and Mandeville where we had 3 guys never play at IU, Hodgson, Montacenni sp? and Turner a pg from California

On 3/25/2021 at 9:48 AM, Stuhoo said:

Now a valued member of the "IU player who never played for IU" team.

Starting Five:

C: Guy Marc Michel

PF: Larry freakin' Bird

SF: Josh Smith

SG: Bud Mackey

PG: Parker Stewart

sub: Ron Patterson

Take him off this list. Welcome back Parker and GO HOOSIERS!

On 3/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, IU Scott said:

I forgot what year but it might have been in the same class as Eggers and Mandeville where we had 3 guys never play at IU, Hodgson, Montacenni sp? and Turner a pg from California

I remember that class. It was a big one with a bunch of highly regarded recruits that just didn't pan out. Like you said, some of them ended up never playing for IU. A few others did play then transfer. I think it was '94 or '95.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Word is out of workouts is that Stewart is the best shooter on the team and it’s not even close. This was my assumption when he committed and now he’s showing it in organized activities.

Not even joking when I say I'm kind of glad now that he didn't get to play last year. IU under Miller seemed to be a place where good shooters got turned around.

57 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Word is out of workouts is that Stewart is the best shooter on the team and it’s not even close. This was my assumption when he committed and now he’s showing it in organized activities.

That's good to hear but it remains unclear how good he'll be as well as how good the others will be. I hope that means that he's a mid to high 40% shooter while others are 35%-40% and not that he's high 30% while others are low 30%. Being the best shooter isn't really saying much since we lost the only decent 3 point shooters from last year's team in Durham and Franklin as well as the 3rd best shooter in Hunter. Johnson hasn't been a good shooter in his career, either. Bates is a freshman. Kopp has been able to shoot in the past but didn't shoot well last season.

To me, shooting remains a big concern/question mark going into the season. I think the current staff will do a better job work on that than Miller and company did, though, so hopefully we'll see a big improvement there. It's good to see we should have at least one knock down shooter on the team next year.

Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Now that's why I'm here for stuff like this. Good job AP. 

Edited by Its Always Sunny at IU

5 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Very very nice to hear. I think Xavier and Stewart will both give this team a totally new look.

I'm pumped.

5 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Good for Parker but with a new roster and the 3 best shooters by % leaving, that's like winning a beauty contest at Purdue.

12 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Good for Parker but with a new roster and the 3 best shooters by % leaving, that's like winning a beauty contest at Purdue.

Not really. Those best shooters by % weren’t good shooters. He’s better than all of them. The question is t going to necessarily be how he shoots it’s going to be how everyone else shoots.