Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm more or less in this camp. If Parker wants to play, I say give him a few minutes here and there. If he doesn't feel comfortable or is still having trouble dealing with the tragedy of the loss of his dad, then take the rest of the season off and we'll look forward to seeing him in '21-22.

But if he's ready to go, I don't see the harm. He seemingly would help in areas in which we sorely need it. 

Archie’s comments are just kind of weird to me. Like I see this: 

“I really love the fact that shooting is his biggest strength,” Miller said. “He can really shoot the ball from deep. He’s a big, strong kid so I think he’s going to fit in really well in this league and in particular he’s going to really help us.”

And think great! That’s just what this team needs. We need shooting. We need toughness. We need physicality. But then Archie says he’s still learning the offense/defense, he’s still catching up, etc. I won’t pretend to know what’s going on here, but without further information it’s a strange situation, imo. Worst case scenario he plays and isn’t ready. Best case scenario he plays and does well, giving a boost to our shooting and guard rotation as he head into tournament time. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Archie’s comments are just kind of weird to me. Like I see this: 

“I really love the fact that shooting is his biggest strength,” Miller said. “He can really shoot the ball from deep. He’s a big, strong kid so I think he’s going to fit in really well in this league and in particular he’s going to really help us.”

And think great! That’s just what this team needs. We need shooting. We need toughness. We need physicality. But then Archie says he’s still learning the offense/defense, he’s still catching up, etc. I won’t pretend to know what’s going on here, but without further information it’s a strange situation, imo. Worst case scenario he plays and isn’t ready. Best case scenario he plays and does well, giving a boost to our shooting and guard rotation as he head into tournament time. 

Do any of our players know the offense? Does Archie? I know I sure don't. All these extended scoreless periods that we go through every game, it sure wouldn't hurt to add a shooter to the mix.

18 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Do any of our players know the offense? Does Archie? I know I sure don't. All these extended scoreless periods that we go through every game, it sure wouldn't hurt to add a shooter to the mix.

Exactly! Half the time it seems like our offense is just three guards passing the ball around the three point line and whoever gets it at the end of the shot clock throwing the ball at the basket. I’m sure Parker is capable of doing that, and as an added bonus the ball might actually go in when he shoots it. 

I don’t necessarily think the guy wants his new coach to commit him to playing to the media but he also probably doesn’t want him directly linking his playing status to his father and grieving process. Worst case scenario for US is he gets time and is a bit lost or out of shape resulting largely in little to no contribution, but for HIM that could really develop some self confidence issues or delay his mental readiness. With all he’s gone (and still going) through I think Archie recognizes that and is doing him a solid by offering up protective ambiguity on his behalf. I can’t speak to losing a father unexpectedly or early, but I can only imagine it’s nothing less than soul-crushing. He’ll play with both parties feel he’s mentally, physically, and spiritually ready to play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Someone, I think, posted recently that throughout Archies time here we have been amongst the teams nationally with the least 3pt attempts.  If my memory is correct this seems a systemic issue and I am not sure Parker will impact things 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Someone, I think, posted recently that throughout Archies time here we have been amongst the teams nationally with the least 3pt attempts.  If my memory is correct this seems a systemic issue and I am not sure Parker will impact things 

Part of it is a little circular -- we haven't traditionally shot well from three which circles back to not shooting many.  But, yes, we haven't shot many threes comparatively under Archie.  Next year's team should have the most shooters we've had since Archie was hired, so maybe it makes a difference.  TBD.

Seems a bit harsh if he is not engaged due to his father’s passing.  
Yea not sure what that means exactly. I could say half our guys aren't fully engaged in the games I have watched. I mean is he spacing out or not trying? I would have to watch a practice to understand i guess but since we're calling guys out rob has been engaged in less than half our games this season. Tjd only first or second half most times

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure. With his father passing, (I didn’t know this) I can completely understand if he wasn’t ready to get into the mix. I bet though, that’s not the case. I would guess the release of playing, of working the body doing something one is familiar with, of something you are good at, would be good therapy. The comment, I believe, points toward him being intentionally held out.

3 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I’m not sure. With his father passing, (I didn’t know this) I can completely understand if he wasn’t ready to get into the mix. I bet though, that’s not the case. I would guess the release of playing, of working the body doing something one is familiar with, of something you are good at, would be good therapy. The comment, I believe, points toward him being intentionally held out.

Everyone is different, for some people it takes time to start to enjoy things again.  I've been there.

I'm sure a lot of the posters on here would be forgiving if he got playing time and wasn't in game shape. (Sarcasm). It'd be a never ending stream of "his defense sucks", "he's not running down the floor", etc. I know there aren't a lot of CAM fans right now, but I'd rather him make the call when Stewart is ready. I'd hate to see the kid get beaten down by the fan base because he wasn't ready
I agree with this 100 percent. I have other questions about why a scholarship is offered to a prestigious basketball university if he wasn't mentally ready for the demand it requires. I pray for the young man and I don't want him read negativity but this just is another question mark choice to me. Hopefully he proves me wrong next year

20 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I agree with this 100 percent. I have other questions about why a scholarship is offered to a prestigious basketball university if he wasn't mentally ready for the demand it requires. I pray for the young man and I don't want him read negativity but this just is another question mark choice to me. Hopefully he proves me wrong next year

Because he is a a mid semester transfer and was never expected to play this second semester.   He still has 2 years of eligibility starting next year.   Everyone speculated since this was a free year for everyone that if he wanted to he could technically of played this last semester without using any eligibility.   He was always recruited for next years team not this years 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Because he is a a mid semester transfer and was never expected to play this second semester.   He still has 2 years of eligibility starting next year.   Everyone speculated since this was a free year for everyone that if he wanted to he could technically of played this last semester without using any eligibility.   He was always recruited for next years team not this years 

Except if he can shoot, even just a little bit, we could use him.  

I agree I just think we need guys now. I understand though