Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

Good point. The whole point of playing Leal is his 3-point shooting. He isn't a particularly good defensive player and he doesn't bring the energy Galloway provides. If Leal isn't going to shoot, put in Parker Stewart.

Its time to give this kid some minutes. No time better. Its not like he hasn't played D1 ball and the argument that he doesn't know the defense yet, could easily be expanded to half of IU's team.

With Hunter benched, need someone not afraid to put up a three.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller on Stewart, continued:

"He's started to get back into the routine of lifting weights, skill instruction, and helping out at practice ... just watching him in practice, he's going to be a great addition to what we're doing." #iubb

Miller says Stewart will be a "welcome addition" and he can shoot the ball from deep.

No specifics on when and if he'll play, for those wondering. #iubb

jon blau

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Miller on Stewart, continued:

"He's started to get back into the routine of lifting weights, skill instruction, and helping out at practice ... just watching him in practice, he's going to be a great addition to what we're doing." #iubb

Miller says Stewart will be a "welcome addition" and he can shoot the ball from deep.

No specifics on when and if he'll play, for those wondering. #iubb

jon blau

I assume it won't be this year.  It seems obvious he took some needed time off from basketball.  Life trumps basketball.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nice article... but thanks a lot Archie: Parker is good at everything we're not doing well currently, but I'm not gonna tell you if he'll be playing anytime soon.

Arrggh.

Pretty dumb not to play him unless he doesn’t want to play this year. He took 8 threes a game last season. IU as a team only takes 18 a game. We desperately need a willing and able shooter and for whatever reason he’s sitting on the bench. 

Just went back and watched his highlights. Looks to have good strength and control driving to the bucket. Obviously they are highlights, but looked good from the pull up and set. 

PLAY THIS KID! Even if only for a couple minutes here or there. I'd give up a little on defense to get him some open looks. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nice article... but thanks a lot Archie: Parker is good at everything we're not doing well currently, but I'm not gonna tell you if he'll be playing anytime soon.

Arrggh.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Pretty dumb not to play him unless he doesn’t want to play this year. He took 8 threes a game last season. IU as a team only takes 18 a game. We desperately need a willing and able shooter and for whatever reason he’s sitting on the bench. 

Easy to talk

If he talks him up it gives reason to bring him (Archie) back next season

Easy to talk
If he talks him up it gives reason to bring him (Archie) back next season
Yeah we've heard "talk" about a number of guys and most of it was primarily just that, talk. I'm not knocking the guys and some of them do good things but if I had a $1 for every player that was going to be the difference this year (based on AM's comments) and turned out not to be I'd have a few more bucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure a lot of the posters on here would be forgiving if he got playing time and wasn't in game shape. (Sarcasm). It'd be a never ending stream of "his defense sucks", "he's not running down the floor", etc. I know there aren't a lot of CAM fans right now, but I'd rather him make the call when Stewart is ready. I'd hate to see the kid get beaten down by the fan base because he wasn't ready

34 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'm sure a lot of the posters on here would be forgiving if he got playing time and wasn't in game shape. (Sarcasm). It'd be a never ending stream of "his defense sucks", "he's not running down the floor", etc. I know there aren't a lot of CAM fans right now, but I'd rather him make the call when Stewart is ready. I'd hate to see the kid get beaten down by the fan base because he wasn't ready

Unless Parker wants to sit out this season (which if he did, I don’t know why Archie wouldn’t just say that. Everyone would understand with his dad recently passing), I don’t see the harm in playing him. He, at least in theory, has skills that our team desperately needs. We’ve been getting very little production from Rob Phinisee the past 5 games or so. If he goes out there and isn’t in shape yet, big deal. He doesn’t lose any eligibility, and Archie wouldn’t have to keep playing him. We’re fighting for the tournament and Stewart could help. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Unless Parker wants to sit out this season (which if he did, I don’t know why Archie wouldn’t just say that. Everyone would understand with his dad recently passing), I don’t see the harm in playing him. He, at least in theory, has skills that our team desperately needs. We’ve been getting very little production from Rob Phinisee the past 5 games or so. If he goes out there and isn’t in shape yet, big deal. He doesn’t lose any eligibility, and Archie wouldn’t have to keep playing him. We’re fighting for the tournament and Stewart could help. 

I'm more or less in this camp. If Parker wants to play, I say give him a few minutes here and there. If he doesn't feel comfortable or is still having trouble dealing with the tragedy of the loss of his dad, then take the rest of the season off and we'll look forward to seeing him in '21-22.

But if he's ready to go, I don't see the harm. He seemingly would help in areas in which we sorely need it.