Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Did he sign and is fully committed or might he have verbally committed but could later switch after seeing how we play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If Parker has an ounce of "shooter" in him, he is likely licking his chops at the opportunity he will have and IU's need for anyone who can knock down an open shot.  The crazy part is how open most of the shots are and how bad most look taking them.  Baffling!

3 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

If Parker has an ounce of "shooter" in him, he is likely licking his chops at the opportunity he will have and IU's need for anyone who can knock down an open shot.  The crazy part is how open most of the shots are and how bad most look taking them.  Baffling!

We aren't open because our offense just creates so many open shots. The other teams scout and know to leave us open. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We aren't open because our offense just creates so many open shots. The other teams scout and know to leave us open. 

exactly.  ... and they will be open until someone (Parker??) proves they can make them which will mean continued open looks at least to start.  aka... licking his chops ...!!  

On 1/14/2021 at 8:45 AM, IUc2016 said:

Of course he will get the chance, IF he wants to. Nobody has stated whether Parker wants to play this season. He just lost his dad.

But Archie will not let him play more than a very limited role if he cannot pick up the pack-line defense. That has been so obvious at his time at IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just googled pack-line defense.  I'm not all that keen on schema and what not. LOL! Thanks for sharing, man.  Truly appreciate it.  

37 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I just googled pack-line defense.  I'm not all that keen on schema and what not. LOL! Thanks for sharing, man.  Truly appreciate it.  

Pack line probably has the highest ceiling of any defensive scheme in college basketball a lot of people run it well

The coach of a team that is struggling at 3-point range does not bring in a transfer known for his shooting ability and relegate him to a "very, very limited role." Archie will at the very least give Stewart opportunity particularly in games in which the other players are having difficulty scoring from outside (which has been most games).

What’s it matter if he scores 21 ppg from 3
If he gives up 24 ppg because he’s not ready to defend like we need?

What’s it matter if he scores 21 ppg from 3

If he gives up 24 ppg because he’s not ready to defend like we need?

Would likely in turn still have a net positive effect due to opposing defenses being forced to stretch out and defend the perimeter instead of playing 5 in the paint on Trayce D.

I also find it extremely difficult to imagine him being that much of a defensive liability after two years of high level division one basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Bobman1 said:

Would likely in turn still have a net positive effect due to opposing defenses being forced to stretch out and defend the perimeter instead of playing 5 in the paint on Trayce D.

I also find it extremely difficult to imagine him being that much of a defensive liability after two years of high level division one basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

High level?  

42 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Personally, I don't think we'll see him until 2021-2.  Not sure what benefit there would really be in trying to force him into games at this point if it were to be such a minor role.  Let him get acclimated and used to the system.

Same I guess if we got into desperation mode with guards maybe but also don’t see the value 

If the guards play as they did against Purdue, I think the odds are we will see Parker Stewart more than some posters above are predicting. If they play as they did against Iowa, there won't be much need. The guard play was dreadful against Purdue and there would be little reason to hold him out if that returns--and it wasn't just the Purdue game where guard play has been inadequate this season. Hopefully, the Iowa game is an indication the team has turned a corner. We'll see.