Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Guess we find out on Thursday.  

Maybe, maybe not.  Went to the NCAA site looking for answers.  In one place it says you are eligible when you are officially enrolled.  In another it says enrolled and on the first day of classes.  Then again there are the grad transfer rules which may be different from undergrad but I can't find any specifics.  Fingers crossed.  With Franklin down we need some backup.

11 hours ago, BottomLine said:

I took the date off the IU site.  The delay in starting the semester makes some sense.  The question is whether he must be attending classes in order to be eligible.  Has registration taken place?  Maybe he becomes eligible as soon as he registers.  Not sure what the NCAA rules are.

The web site is wrong or old.  Everything has been modified this semester.  They start online 1/18 and don't go back to until 2/8.  Registration is done, so he should be enrolled and I assume eligible to play.  

I very much doubt Archie keeps one of his only natural shooters in a "very, very limited role." IU is on track to register its worst ever percentage from three-point range for the third straight season. The team's current 29.7% clip is Number 305 (out of 353) in the country. Archie recruited Stewart for shooting and then he is going to leave him on the bench while the team continues to break its own team record for poor shooting from outside. I don't think so.

I very much doubt Archie keeps one of his only natural shooters in a "very, very limited role." IU is on track to register its worst ever percentage from three-point range for the third straight season. The team's current 29.7% clip is Number 305 (out of 353) in the country. Archie recruited Stewart for shooting and then he is going to leave him on the bench while the team continues to break its own team record for poor shooting from outside. I don't think so.

Per usual you are wrong. IU is shooting 33.6% from three. 175th in the country

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who says he can't defend at this level? He played at this level as a freshman. And, if he can't defend at this level at this point in his college career, why would Archie bother to bring him in?

he hasn’t played since last year and is way behind in conditioning since he has been out of basketball for 3 months. This has been stated by multiple people.

The season is halfway over and teams are starting to gel. Archie isn’t just going to throw him in there if he isn’t ready to play THIS YEAR.

He still has two years of eligibility after this year. He will have plenty of time to get back in shape and up to speed.

The coach of a team that is struggling at 3-point range does not bring in a transfer known for his shooting ability and relegate him to a "very, very limited role." Archie will at the very least give Stewart opportunity particularly in games in which the other players are having difficulty scoring from outside (which has been most games).

The coach of a team that is struggling at 3-point range does not bring in a transfer known for his shooting ability and relegate him to a "very, very limited role." Archie will at the very least give Stewart opportunity particularly in games in which the other players are having difficulty scoring from outside (which has been most games).

Of course he will get the chance, IF he wants to. Nobody has stated whether Parker wants to play this season. He just lost his dad.

But Archie will not let him play more than a very limited role if he cannot pick up the pack-line defense. That has been so obvious at his time at IU.

8 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Who says he can't defend at this level? He played at this level as a freshman. And, if he can't defend at this level at this point in his college career, why would Archie bother to bring him in?

Because he can score AND regardless of this year, he has two more seasons....and we certainly have the scholarship to give.  

But throwing him in the middle of the season during big ten play without having played in three months and coming into a new system is fine — if the only thing you are doing is trying to get him in game shape and not so much worried about wins and losses.  He’ll play when he’s deemed ready.  With Franklin coming back soon and Leal playing better, there isn’t a need to force it.