Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

The way to maximize points per possession definitely seems to have evolved. Scoring at the rim and from three is generally the recipe for success.

Probably a topic for a whole other conversation but the way to maximize points per possession hasn't evolved so much as our understanding of it has. The way to maximize points per possession is still and has always been to take the best opportunity available, our understanding of that has stuck on "rim or 3" as always being the best opportunity. Defensive understanding evolves too and even if it didn't the theory of"rim or 3" only works if you can get to the rim and make 3s.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

^^This^^

The way to maximize points per possession definitely seems to have evolved. Scoring at the rim and from three is generally the recipe for success.

I agree to a point but if you can't finish or shoot free throws why not the floater or pull up in the lane?

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Franklin is shooting 36.8% on only 3.2 attempts per game, though. Stewart is a career 36.6% on 6.8 attempts per game. He has a similar career percentage as Franklin has this season, but on more than twice the volume. 

I understand that.  You're right.  And that's why I also included Franklin's career numbers, which are nowhere near as good as this season.  Stewart is more like a Devonte Green offensive threat, where he will come in looking to score from deep and defenses will have to play him close.  That surely can't hurt TJD and IU's offense if he can shoot at his career average by taking good shots.  

My point was that if Franklin keeps playing at the level he has this season, especially from a defensive standpoint, then Parker Stewart will need to be a solid defender if he is to take many minutes away from Franklin.  This thread has a lot of questions about Parker Stewart's ability to defend. 

And I'm not suggesting Franklin's minutes would be the minutes he would take from.  I was just reacting to a post here as well as one I read elsewhere where it suggested Franklin would be coming off the bench if Stewart plays this season.  I'm not so sure of that. 

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think it'll be easy to get the three, but the jury is out as to whether we'll get the "D"

Completely agree.  My hope he was asked to do so much for his team at one end the other was optional.  For IU?  That other end is the path to the floor quicker than hitting the 3.  Luckily our defensive strategy is based on team concepts.  We will know right away if the D plays enough to see the 3.  

32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Franklin is shooting 36.8% on only 3.2 attempts per game, though. Stewart is a career 36.6% on 6.8 attempts per game. He has a similar career percentage as Franklin has this season, but on more than twice the volume. 

Armaan was also shooting like 20% before he went off last game. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We'll be filing suit against the statkeepers of the state of Indiana to have the last game's 3 point field goals removed from the records. Press conference at 3pm in front of Simon Scott's Assembly and Pull-a-part junkyard. 

Lmao I laughed at this but I do see LCS’s point. We’ve only played 6 games so far, so a 5-7 shooting night from 3 will have a huge impact on your percentage. Before the last game Franklin was 2-12 from 3, or 16.7%, on the season. That’s not to say that his great game doesn’t count, but we will see moving forward what’s more accurate for him. I obviously don’t expect 5-7 every night, but I hope a percentage in the 20s isn’t the norm either. 

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lmao I laughed at this but I do see LCS’s point. We’ve only played 6 games so far, so a 5-7 shooting night from 3 will have a huge impact on your percentage. Before the last game Franklin was 2-12 from 3, or 16.7%, on the season. That’s not to say that his great game doesn’t count, but we will see moving forward what’s more accurate for him. I obviously don’t expect 5-7 every night, but I hope a percentage in the 20s isn’t the norm either. 

While true, that’s why averages have a way of working themselves out.  Does anyone truly believe he is a 16% shooter?  I know I don’t.  Just like LCS wouldn’t expect him to hit 5-7 every night.  I wouldn’t either.  But I would expect him to be in that 38-40% at the end of the year.  He will be more consistent next year, but we will probably see stretches, while not as bad as it was to start the season, it will be a lot of 1/3 or 2/7, followed with a 3 or 4/7.  That’s why it’s ridiculous to start throwing out good games, especially when you are already starting with a data point of 19 shots.  What purpose does throwing out over 1/3 of your shots prove other than whatever point any person is trying to make?  Obviously at that point it isn’t a good point if you have to pretzel low sampled data to make it.  

5 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I'm laughing like a 7th grader at this comment. Get the "D" lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Parker may not get a lot of steals or blocks, but if can get deflections, that would be good.

We don't need the whole "D".....just the tip.

34 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Bump:
What's the status on this kid???

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Purely speculation on my part but I don't think you'll see him this season.  His name has not been mentioned in Archie's radio show last week nor in his press conference earlier today when in both he's talked about getting more out of the bench.  If Stewart were going to play this season I would have thought his name would be brought up in the conversation.

33 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm pretty certain he's not eligible this season -- because he didn't start the school year at IU.

But he can practice, etc. 

He is eligible at the beginning of the new semester.  If he and the coaching staff decides he wants to play this year he can but I personally don’t see it happening 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

He is eligible at the beginning of the new semester.  If he and the coaching staff decides he wants to play this year he can but I personally don’t see it happening 

I read a couple stories that said because he did not start the school year at IU, he would not be eligible until next season. 

Not trying to be argumentative, but that's what I read -- I can't remember exactly where, but they were pretty veteran reporters. Guess they coulda been wrong.