Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Isn't Joey also 22 or will turn 22 before next spring?

Stewart, Brunk and Durham can still continue to play college ball next year (and Stewart a year beyond that) but at what point do they want to get on with their lives?

At least Emmitt Holt has a fair share of people to buy him beer now.

Oh, wait, that was a while ago.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Don’t know much about him, other than he likes to shoot the 3. I remember everyone wondering what the hell Crean was doing when we signed a guard from Illinois State who averaged 6 ppg. He ended up being a big piece for us. Let’s see what happens here. 

Speaking of....didn't realize that Zeisloft played in the G-league last year.  32 games, 23 minutes pergame, 8 ppg.  

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

If he was any good he would have gone somewhere else. Had to get that out of the way. I really feel for the young man given what he has been through. I truly hope this is the situation he's looking for and that the fit is mutual. I'm sure the guys here will welcome him.

cthomas, I don't know you but I've been on this board for quite a while. You seem to be well respected, but that first sentence is some BS. "if he was any good he would have one somewhere else". You're either a Purdue fan in hiding or I'm not understanding this comment. IU is why we come here; we just got a great grad transfer that can shoot. Many programs more highly regarded than IU would be thrilled to have this kid.

12 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

cthomas, I don't know you but I've been on this board for quite a while. You seem to be well respected, but that first sentence is some BS. "if he was any good he would have one somewhere else". You're either a Purdue fan in hiding or I'm not understanding this comment. IU is why we come here; we just got a great grad transfer that can shoot. Many programs more highly regarded than IU would be thrilled to have this kid.

He didn’t put “TIC” after that first sentence, but trust me it’s there

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Ok, I guess I should explain. The first part of my post was a wink at hubris that goes on over our alleged inability to recruit high level players. I never disrespect the kids. I truly feel for his situation and am glad he is here. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

An understandable misunderstanding!

cthomas is one of the finest, loooooongtime Hoosiers we shall ever have the pleasure of interacting with, and as he said, he NEVER disrespects the kids.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

This is a solid pick up but not sure it’s a game changer.  Right now we are TJD and a bunch of guys.  Not sure that moves the needle.  But having a bit more depth isnt a bad thing but. We definitely need a lights out shooter and I’m not sure he’s that. 

He’s something nice to have but not sure he fills our needs. That said Welcome Stewart. 

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They must know Aminu isn’t coming.

Best of Luck to Parker. For obvious reasons, I hope he’s a tremendous success. But it’s a long shot.

Not the kind of commitments we need to raise to the next level.

Both fair assessments, he's gotta prove it like anyone else. I stick by my opinion stated earlier: An experienced Stewart is more likely to help IU overall in 2-2.5 seasons than Mohammed in one. Maybe not have the number of highlights or get drafted, but I want IU to win games, not necessarily produce NBA players. 

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

It was oozing with sarcasm, literally oozing....

Both fair assessments, he's gotta prove it like anyone else. I stick by my opinion stated earlier: An experienced Stewart is more likely to help IU overall in 2-2.5 seasons than Mohammed in one. Maybe not have the number of highlights or get drafted, but I want IU to win games, not necessarily produce NBA players. 

I want to win games first and foremost and that be the reason players get drafted. Exhibit 1. Oladipo and Zeller. One and done, little impact players, meh.. Vonleh and Romeo.

BUT well coached talent wins more than any other formula. Give me the more athletic/better basketball player everyday. Vonleh/Romeo could have been part of a winning team, just didn’t have the right pieces to go with them. But, yeah, nothing beats a TJD, Zeller in my book.

Anyway, Parker Stewart was a key cog to a 9-20 Tenessee Martin team that didn’t exactly play B1G quality teams while racking up 20 losses. He’s 6’4” or 6’5” and he can shoot it decently. My expectations are completely in line. You don’t win the B1G with a roster of Parker Stewarts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ll add some optimism that may be a bit too hopeful but who cares. Indiana is currently 16th in the nation on KenPom and TJD is second in Pomeroy’s player of the year standings. This is a Hoosier squad that has been strong so far this year playing a brand of offensive basketball that is pretty one dimensional. The reason for that obviously being our inability to make outside shots. Stewart is a guy that can consistently knock down open three pointers and also seems to have more in his game than just that. Albeit just that would already provide a solid bonus to our team.

Now I don’t know if Stewart will play this season but to have him for the next two hopefully is a good signing for Archie and I think would be looked on a lot better if this ‘21 class wasn’t so disappointing at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Archies Grad Transfer list.

1. Evan Fitzner- played way too many minutes. Oof.

2. Joey Brunk- better than Fitzner. Not saying much.

3. Parker Stewart- hopefully the best yet.....

One thing is for certain. Quality men. But B1G level basketball players isn’t proving Archie to be a Grad Transfer savant.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archies Grad Transfer list.

1. Evan Fitzner- played way too many minutes. Oof.

2. Joey Brunk- better than Fitzner. Not saying much.

3. Parker Stewart- hopefully the best yet.....

One thing is for certain. Quality men. But B1G level basketball players remains in doubt and isn’t proving Archie to be a Grad Transfer savant.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app