Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Parker Stewart - B. Braun Sheffield Sharks

He fits in the way that darn near everyone around here has been hoping someone would.
The young man can flat out shoot the ball.

Would be a really nice addition to play off the ball for us. Did really well as a Freshman in that roll draining 3’s. Hope Archie can bring him in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Has he decided whether he intends to enroll someplace and begin playing in January or begin playing for his next squad in 2021-2022?  I read someplace that is a decision he still needs to make...which would imply he is immediately eligible and has that choice.  I would assume he would enter the roster right away if he selected Indiana.

A college coach's son who is a proven scorer and even recorded nearly 4 assists per game. 

I wonder if he has close connections/friendships with anyone at Memphis, being only two hours from where his father coached.

Rob (4-6) and Al (4-10) have combined for 8-16 shooting from 3 (with Race and Geronimo's two attempts each, the four still combine for 50% with 10-20 shooting). 

However, the rest of the team:

Hunter is 2-6 = 33.3%

Franklin is 2-10 = 20%

Galloway 1-6 = 16.7%

Lander 2-13 = 15.4%

Leal 0-3 = 0%

I'm of the opinion the addition of a decent shooter should at least be considered at this point.

EDIT:

I just saw there's more info on the recruiting thread.  

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes. Grad transfer.

However, it would take a truly special personality to immediately get minutes while arriving in December.

Apparently this young man may be special.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but are there concerns integrating a new piece into the pack line this deep into the season?  Personally, I have minimal hesitation about his offensive aptitude, but the defensive scheme gives me pause given everything we have heard about the scheme over the past few seasons.

19 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but are there concerns integrating a new piece into the pack line this deep into the season?  Personally, I have minimal hesitation about his offensive aptitude, but the defensive scheme gives me pause given everything we have heard about the scheme over the past few seasons.

I imagine the benefit is can be more ready to go next year. 

Couple thoughts:

1. Not a criticism of Buffalouie’s, but I think he’s a 2 on this roster. Clearly he can play some 1 and might slot there as much as Franklin/Durham, which is to say: variable backup minutes dependent on health/productivity from Phinisee and Lander.

2. No idea how his defense will look to Arch, and it’s relevant because it’s how you get on the floor. IU isn’t running a by-the-book pack line this year, they’re switching some 1-3 or 1-4 and sometimes denying one pass away. (IMO those are good things that address the weaknesses of a stock pack line.)