Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Give Coach Tom Allen a MONSTER extension.

Because we all love flight tracker speculation...I hope this isn't what it looks like it could be.  Past flight log for the plane shows frequent flights between Auburn and NYC area, so probably no way it's Kevin Steele interviewing for our DC position (unlikely anyway)

Obviously I have no idea what goes through Tom Allen’s mind, and if you’re a coach looking for a big name job, Auburn definitely beats out IU, But Auburn just fired its coach for going 68-35 and 39-27 in conference play. He never even had a losing record. A coach does that at IU and he’ll probably get a statue and the stadium named after him. Maybe that’s worth the gamble for someone like Allen, I don’t know, but he seems to love IU. 

1 hour ago, Chrallen said:

Because we all love flight tracker speculation...I hope this isn't what it looks like it could be.  Past flight log for the plane shows frequent flights between Auburn and NYC area, so probably no way it's Kevin Steele interviewing for our DC position (unlikely anyway)

Auburn football fans are excited about #IUFB, man.  Let that sink in.

#LEO

This opening worried me, and it will until it’s filled with someone other than CTA. But thinking more about it...seems like a terrible fit especially with how much you hear about boosters running the show. He doesn’t seem like a guy who would want to get on board somewhere where bag men are involved. And I know there is such thing as coach speak, but CTA doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who would outright lie (“haven’t talked to anybody about any jobs”) nor to bolt just days after signing a new class. Plenty of coaches would do that, but it seems to directly fly in the face of the culture he is all about.

No offense to CTA, but between Malzahn’s buyout and CTA’s buyout, I’d be pretty pissed as an Auburn fan if they paid over $40m for their coaching change and landed CTA, and this would be before the salary kicks in...I know they have a lot of money and a lot of stupid people willing to spend it, but you don’t pay that much money to take a chance on someone. You pay that much to be in contention, and there is no guarantee CTA will take them to the level they want, let alone even replicate what Malzahn was able to do there.

5 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

No offense to CTA, but between Malzahn’s buyout and CTA’s buyout, I’d be pretty pissed as an Auburn fan if they paid over $40m for their coaching change, and this would be before the salary kicks in...I know they have a lot of money and a lot of stupid people willing to spend it, but you don’t pay that much money to take a chance on someone. You pay that much to be in contention, and there is no guarantee CTA will take them to the level they want, let alone even replicate what Malzahn was able to do there.

No disrespect, but I don't get this.  If you were an Auburn fan, why would you be upset that they're spending $40m?  It's not your money.  I'd be thrilled that they're willing and able to spend that amount to try to become great.  

But as an IU fan, screw Auburn.  I hope we keep our coach.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Obviously I have no idea what goes through Tom Allen’s mind, and if you’re a coach looking for a big name job, Auburn definitely beats out IU, But Auburn just fired its coach for going 68-35 and 39-27 in conference play. He never even had a losing record. A coach does that at IU and he’ll probably get a statue and the stadium named after him. Maybe that’s worth the gamble for someone like Allen, I don’t know, but he seems to love IU. 

Won a national title as well.

I just don't see Allen leaving IU unless something scandalous would hit the program.  He just doesn't strike me as a money chaser and if he can keep us as a legitimate competitive threat in the B1G why would/should he leave?

I just don't see Allen leaving IU unless something scandalous would hit the program.  He just doesn't strike me as a money chaser and if he can keep us as a legitimate competitive threat in the B1G why would/should he leave?

Would be nice if he would turn us into what Wisconsin is!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app