Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Game Thread-@Wisconsin- 12/5- 3:30 ABC

Does BADGERVOL ever post here anymore, or did he post on the other board? Not sure if everyone will know who I'm talking about, but he was a longtime poster who lives in Wisconsin. I'm sure the last two decades have been a living hell for him, given how rarely we ever beat Wisconsin in either of the major sports. I can recall a slew of posts from him about how horribly cocky Wisconsin fans are and how they would laugh at the thought of Indiana even coming close to beating them in anything. This had to be an early Christmas present like no other for him. 

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm stunned nobody has -- if indeed they haven't -- come up with an LEO T-shirt or sweatshirt of some sort. 

https://www.stitchesandsundries.com/product-page/leo-iu-shirt

LEO IU shirt

https://indianahq.com/shop/leo-indiana-ultrasoft-tri-blend-t-shirt/

mockup-b18722a6-100x100.png

Just finished watching on DVR.....FANTASTIC!

And the truth is we did outplay Wisky.....nothing fluke about it.  I thought the pointspread was crummy coming in.

I think that we need to remember in terms of Jack Tuttle:  he came in here to compete Ramsey and Penix for the starting spot.  While he was third string last year, he really didn't lose the quarterback competition.  He got hurt preseason and not ever having run the system, he was relegated to third string. I've been high on him since he got here. (not that I'm any good at predicting things.....I hated the Tom Allen hire, LOL).  One thing about Tuttle is that he plants his feet and throws better than Ramsey and especially  Penix.  All three of our quarterbacks are good in their own right.

6 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Today is a great opportunity to knock off one of the four teams that IUFB currently has a losing streak against in the B1G.  We haven't beaten the Badgers since '02 - my freshman year in B'ton = I

For fun, the four B1G schools that fit that criteria are:

• Ohio St.(last IU win 1988)
  • Iowa (...2012)
  • Minnesota (...2007)
  • Wisconsin (...2002)

Three to go, and it looks like CTA may have a shot at Iowa in two weeks.

1 minute ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I only got to watch part of the 1st half. What all did I miss besides another IU win :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We had two "old school IU football" moments in the second half where I think  previous teams would have imploded. 

Up 14-3 and driving in the third quarter, third and 1 at the Wisconsin 40. Tuttle sneaks, gets the first down, tries to fight for more yards while only securing the ball with one hand, and fumbles. That led to a Wisconsin field goal. 

Early fourth, first down IU at the 43. Tuttle throws a pass to Miles Marshall, who drops it. He likely would have scored had he caught it, and frankly, there was no reason for him to drop it. 

But this isn't "old school IU football," so we didn't blow it. 

Saw this posted during an NBA Finals game in October. I'm not skilled enough to change the graphic, but just pretend it's the score of our game tonight and the title is "Boomers watching IU win a low-scoring game at Wisconsin." 

I don't think BADGERVOL is a Boomer, but I could still see this being his reaction. lol