Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Kyle Schwarber - Philadelphia Phillies

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m a firm believer that umps should be allowed all the other calls in the game. But strike zone should be automated 

Agreed, it's constantly getting screwed up; it's not easy but to me that makes it more important to get it right.They'd still be needed for things like out/safe.

31 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Agreed, it's constantly getting screwed up; it's not easy but to me that makes it more important to get it right.They'd still be needed for things like out/safe.

Yep. And mostly it’s selfish I am tired of watching players swing at junk because the ump decides he’s going to call everything strikes that game. 

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. And mostly it’s selfish I am tired of watching players swing at junk because the ump decides he’s going to call everything strikes that game. 

I'm tired of the inconsistency from one pitch or batter to the next.  One pitch 6 inches off the plate is a strike, next one down the middle is a ball.

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm tired of the inconsistency from one pitch or batter to the next.  One pitch 6 inches off the plate is a strike, next one down the middle is a ball.

True. And mostly I think fixing this problem helps batters which should increase scoring which should help make games more exciting   

Kind of everybody wins. Except the pitchers 

True. And mostly I think fixing this problem helps batters which should increase scoring which should help make games more exciting   

Kind of everybody wins. Except the pitchers 
Surely they can make a special visor that goes on the umps mask that shows the strike zone feed like we see it on TV.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Surely they can make a special visor that goes on the umps mask that shows the strike zone feed like we see it on TV.

Just automate it, let ump call out/safe etc.

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

I would just have a light that lit up if the ball was a strike. If the light goes on or the batter swings the ump records it as a strike. All it would be would be another tool for the umps to use 

I would just have a light that lit up if the ball was a strike. If the light goes on or the batter swings the ump records it as a strike. All it would be would be another tool for the umps to use 
That would be easier but not as cool

14 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Due warning: Lotta cursing

Hernandez: "I was discriminated against"

Literally everyone else: "No, you just suck at your job"

Let's just automate balls/strikes already, that would take care of that problem.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

2 for 2 with 2 big flies so far tonight ... Leads the NL with 25. 

Batting only .220, however -- typical Schwarbs season. 

Absolute unit!!! 

Schwarber with another homerum tonight. Getting into a nice groove. Tied for the most homeruns in a players first 80 games with the phillies with 26

46 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Schwarber with another homerum tonight. Getting into a nice groove. Tied for the most homeruns in a players first 80 games with the phillies with 26

Schwarber with another another home run, 27 on the season now.