Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Stanford - 12/2/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

Great defense! 
TJD showed up! 
Frank was huge! 
Race with solid play! 
Our freshman got valuable experience without being too much of a burden for the team! 

offense looks better when we make lay-ups, a couple 3’s, and we feed our All American and he makes shots. Interesting concept!

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They are his players. He gets credit when they play well and when they play poorly.  It’s the price of leadership.  

THIS!!!

And I am not calling you out... but go through the Game Thread and see who was posting early and mysteriously stopped as soon as we started to grow a good lead, and show we were going to play well today....

Some of the same posters who post 100 times how terrible Archie is, but never post when things go right....

Trust me, I get some of the frustration, and I know yesterday wasn't just 1 game but a repeat of many past performances... but you know what... today wasn't just 1 good game either... it is a repeat of many past GREAT performances under CAM.

Just now, Str8Hoosiers said:

THIS!!!

And I am not calling you out... but go through the Game Thread and see who was posting early and mysteriously stopped as soon as we started to grow a good lead, and show we were going to play well today....

Some of the same posters who post 100 times how terrible Archie is, but never post when things go right....

Trust me, I get some of the frustration, and I know yesterday wasn't just 1 game but a repeat of many past performances... but you know what... today wasn't just 1 good game either... it is a repeat of many past GREAT performances under CAM.

Most of the anti Archie crowd admit there are good times. But there were good times with Crean also.  The anti Archie crowd want the good and bad split to be more like 80-20 and not so much 50-50. 

Guard play on the offensive end remains a problem. Franklin 0-3 from 3-point range. Lander 1-5 from 3-point range. Galloway, 1-1 and Phinisee 2-3 from 3-point is decent but guards making just four 3-point shots is not a recipe for success.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

20-25 from the charity stripe!!!!

52.9% FG, 33.3% 3FG, 80% FT and they played solid defense to win by 16 points.  Amazing how that works.

Take away Lander's 1-5 from deep and we actually shot it really well.  We gave up some early points from missed outside shots.  We need to take threes but we need to take them in the right sets at the right time.  Otherwise we're wasting shots going at the basket.