Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Fun IU Memories

NIT vs Arkansas, Juwan's senior year. Claira's 1st IU game! Up to this point, she'd been to quite a few Sycamore games here, but, this was awesome! She knew the players, the band, the chants. Everyone around us was impressed with her knowledge. Proud dad moment!
54517540_10103061355805544_4142683230451007488_o.thumb.jpg.0b3cc1157b6f2f7c66c2f9b7a99313aa.jpg
55560492_10103061354962234_1364550584983617536_o.thumb.jpg.470a69823f1613d8d3acb73d74275280.jpg

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to start taking my kiddos. We have an IU book that has stuff about IU in it, and then some fight songs after. He loves singing the IU fight song with me. Love those moments :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to start taking my kiddos. We have an IU book that has stuff about IU in it, and then some fight songs after. He loves singing the IU fight song with me. Love those moments :)

Wish my ex-father-in-law were still alive. He'd be so proud of her. The best man at his wedding all those years ago was none other than Ron Felling! She loves watching both IU football and basketball, the Irish football team, the Cubs, and of course, any time we can get to a Sycamores game, her and I go! Memories indeed!

Wish my ex-father-in-law were still alive. He'd be so proud of her. The best man at his wedding all those years ago was none other than Ron Felling! She loves watching both IU football and basketball, the Irish football team, the Cubs, and of course, any time we can get to a Sycamores game, her and I go! Memories indeed!

Living in St. Louis, I’m hoping Covid will be a non-factor so I can start taking my oldest to St. Louis University games. Even though he’s only 3 1/2, he kept asking me earlier this year if we could go to some Stl Blues games. Makes me so happy lol.

I had a proud but uh-oh dad moment at one hockey game. We were in a suite and my oldest was on my lap when a fight broke out. Without thinking I started chanting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT pumping my arms in the air....... let’s just say the little mini me started doing the same lol.

I can’t wait to take him to Bloomington for IU games, tour Cook Hall, and eat at Buffa Louies :)

Living in St. Louis, I’m hoping Covid will be a non-factor so I can start taking my oldest to St. Louis University games. Even though he’s only 3 1/2, he kept asking me earlier this year if we could go to some Stl Blues games. Makes me so happy lol.

I had a proud but uh-oh dad moment at one hockey game. We were in a suite and my oldest was on my lap when a fight broke out. Without thinking I started chanting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT pumping my arms in the air....... let’s just say the little mini me started doing the same lol.

I can’t wait to take him to Bloomington for IU games, tour Cook Hall, and eat at Buffa Louies :)

Let me know and we can meet up! Love some Buffa Louis!

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

Let me know and we can meet up! Love some Buffa Louis!

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

Me too. We always go there every trip to Bloomington. I doubt we do this with the kiddos but we would park, and just walk around the beautiful streets of Bloomington around that area.

Here’s a fun IU memory for everyone. Where were you and what was your reaction to the WatShot?

I will never forget for two reasons. The first of course is because of its significance and against UK. The second is because I got to share that moment with my dad, and a few years ago I moved away for college so him and I hadn’t got to watch many IU games for a few years together.

I remember throwing something when Oladipo turned it over towards the end thinking how bad IU choked this opportunity away when they had it in hand, but screwed it away. I was sitting on the floor at the time Watford shot it and I was frozen lol. Soon as it went in I started jumping and screaming all across my parents living room. After the celebration I got an “I told you so” from my mom who told me to never lose faith...... thanks mom lol.

Me too. We always go there every trip to Bloomington. I doubt we do this with the kiddos but we would park, and just walk around the beautiful streets of Bloomington around that area.

Here’s a fun IU memory for everyone. Where were you and what was your reaction to the WatShot?

I will never forget for two reasons. The first of course is because of its significance and against UK. The second is because I got to share that moment with my dad, and a few years ago I moved away for college so him and I hadn’t got to watch many IU games for a few years together.

I remember throwing something when Oladipo turned it over towards the end thinking how bad IU choked this opportunity away when they had it in hand, but screwed it away. I was sitting on the floor at the time Watford shot it and I was frozen lol. Soon as it went in I started jumping and screaming all across my parents living room. After the celebration I got an “I told you so” from my mom who told me to never lose faith...... thanks mom lol.

For the WatShot we were eating at Chili’s and had been watching the game. We finished and were leaving but I wanted to watch the end so I stepped into the bar area where the volume was up with the family. Maybe a minute later he drills the shot and the entire place erupts. Cool moment with the fam and kids

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Wat Shot I was at my ex-wife's company Christmas party for Terre Haute Savings Bank. There were about 30 of us watching. We all exploded with cheers when it went in!

my favorite memory is (like Jaybob) the IU vs UK games. i think i went to 3 of them back in the late 90s. So much alcohol and good times. I always got seated right smack dab in the middle of the UK fans because i was living in Evansville at the time. And for some reason, when you purchased your tix from Evansville, you got the UK side. Anyhow, there were many times when i would almost get my @$$ kicked because i was yelling so much anti-UK ****. It was amazing!

On 12/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, JaybobHoosier said:

I know today sucked on many different levels as an IU basketball fan, but lets have a more positive thread with a stroll down IU memory lane. Post pictures of attending IU games, memories of attending them, family traditions, etc.

My first IU game at Assembly Hall was with my dad in the balcony. I’m terrified of heights and we were in the first row of the balcony. After the nerves of being up so high settled down (went away pretty quickly with the band and team warming up), I had the greatest time with my dad. He’s what started my passion for IU basketball.

From a pure comedic standpoint was joining Natty and the late ColonialCrester for an IU football game (my first ever). We snuck onto the court in Assembly Hall, along with giving ourself our own tour of random parts in it (made it into a locker room lol).

Probably my second favorite memory was when my wife surprised me with IU tickets for my birthday. Couldn’t ask for a better wife and b-day! Here’s a picture from that.

IMG_1606876690.216420.jpg

Jaybob-I know you didn't mean to forget I was also there for that football game! Hilarious we snuck onto the court. Best memories was the '87 title year during my 2nd senior year. 4 of us road tripped to New Orleans and got tickets from a UNLV fan and were seated 6 rows behind the press corps to witness Smart's final shot.

1034255864_IURoadtrip.thumb.jpg.c99d82af8adf7f8724502ac840f36a69.jpg

UPPER!!!! Great to hear from you. That trip was so much fun and all the sneaking around we did! Hope you and the family are doing well.

I’m hoping to do a football tailgate next season and get a lot of BtownBanners people together and of course our crazy crew lol. Will need to get Natty to fly into Stl so I can pick him up again, and we all can drink the day away in BTown!

we lost to Navy that day. But made up for it later. Take care bro-

Yep! I remember Colonial getting onto me because I started to boo Navy when they came out of the tunnel. Was told by him and several other fans we don’t boo Navy lol. I was a newbie so I didn’t know 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣