Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Texas - 12/1/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

I am just saying I didn't see any votes in the MVP thread for Archie Miller yesterday.....

That is part of being the coach/manager/leader... I get that... you get blamed for everything bad but others get credit for all the good.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

He sure did! However, these players have all the resources in the world to get better on their own time. Remember Victor Oladipo? Ask him how he got better. It wasn't all Crean folks.. 

Did Cook Hall’s hours become more restrictive or have the players that have come through wearing IU red after Oladipo  just less hungry to get better? I’m not sure what the answer is but these 42 point showings while getting beat by 20+ can’t make it easier to land a Kauffman in the future

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

OK. We stunk today and this discussion has just gotten silly. 

My pooch and I are gonna celebrate the birthday of Walton's pooch by taking a walk. It's a tad chilly here, but sunny and beautiful otherwise. 

See y'all later. 

At least your dog will be successful in making a deuce

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If the fanbase didn’t piss and moan we would still have Crean. Squeaky wheel and what not 

8 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What was said on this forum had nothing to do with Crean getting canned.  It won't be the reason Archie gets fired either.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This board is part of the fanbase 

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This board was not the reason Crean got sent packing.

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Didn’t say it was 

Okay...

EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!

We're playing in our 3rd game of the season, can you believe that? We played a cupcake, a below average team, and now a good team finally. We're ready to call it a season after our first true game since early March? 

We're young, we bring 4 freshman off the bench. Our defense is different including our offensive system. Let's give this some time.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Did Cook Hall’s hours become more restrictive or have the players that have come through wearing IU red after Oladipo  just less hungry to get better? I’m not sure what the answer is but these 42 point showings while getting beat by 20+ can’t make it easier to land a Kauffman in the future

I'm not around there often but when I've gone by there I've seen the women's players coming and going.

If you don't like where the program is, blame the administration who makes the hiring decisions. We haven't had a stable program since the Knight years. if we don't get the recruits you want, ask yourself why. What other factors are in play. It is just not as simple as some what it to be. It is also possible that IU will never be at the level in basketball that some people want.  If that is the case, it may be decision time for some.  Just constantly complaining will not make anything better. 

Just now, Treesh said:

EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!

We're playing in our 3rd game of the season, can you believe that? We played a cupcake, a below average team, and now a good team finally. We're ready to call it a season after our first true game since early March? 

We're young, we bring 4 freshman off the bench. Our defense is different including our offensive system. Let's give this some time.

Our offense is no different. 

Just now, Treesh said:

EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!

To be fair, I wouldn't say the Friars are a below average team. They were only 10 spots behind us in the NET going into our game and picked to finish 3rd in their league. Not saying they are great, but better than below average. 

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He sure did! However, these players have all the resources in the world to get better on their own time. Remember Victor Oladipo? Ask him how he got better. It wasn't all Crean folks.. 

The same thing can be said about any coach in any situation. The coach isn’t taking the shots, the coach isn’t playing defense, the coach isn’t making the passes, etc. But they still get fired when their players don’t make shots or play good defense.

Anemic offense has been a constant under Archie. Poor shooting has been a constant. We knew we needed shooters during archies first season. What has he done about it? We still have no knock down shooters. There isn’t a guy on the roster who I feel confident in when they have an open 3. I expect big ole bricks from every one of them. And if you can’t make shots, you’re not going to be very good. 

I won't add anymore negativity to this thread after this but this performance among many others during the Miller era were just plain terrible. I can accept stinkers from time to time but man this is old. Maybe I'm delusional in expecting more results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk