Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Texas - 12/1/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

A few days ago, I saw a post from someone either here or another IU board saying they "hoped we could hang with Texas." I thought, I hope in year 4 of Archie Miller, the bar is a little higher than simply "hanging with" the #19 team on a neutral court, but I guess not. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Wow, the officials were calling Texas for traveling early and then they've completely stopped calling it.  They could call that on almost every trip down for Texas.

It’s like holding in football. It could be called every single play. Majority of the time it isn’t though because it slows down the game

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

What does that say about the state of Indiana HS basketball? 

I don’t think this is an indictment of Indiana HS basketball, as it’s an indictment of the Indiana University MBB staff. 

How did Davidson almost beat this team?

They played smart and didn't give Texas points.  Texas is winning because we're assisting them on their easy layups and open threes.  If we stop doing that we can make this a game coming down the stretch.  if we continue doing this Texas will extend the lead.  It's really that simple.