Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Texas - 12/1/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just so I can tolerate this second half, I'd like to get my hands on some of what Walton is smoking ... 

Sharing is caring in times like these.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

There were a few locked and loaded before we played Providence yesterday.  Sadly they couldn't jump because we played well. 

Hell at this rate we may want to look for the Peoples Temple special Koolaid.  

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

The Defense is honestly great/elite right now. The offense is so bad it doesn't even matter

Agreed.  Too much driving against an active Texas defense isn’t doing us any favors.  Would love to see more ball movement and passes off of that than straight line drives with no angles.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You act like I'm the only one who believes Archie doesn't belong at IU. 

I am sure there are a lot that believe that (less than who believe he does though).... but you are the only 1 that says nothing but that at all times.....

The others at least also post accolades when deserved....

Every Coach/Team loses to somebody that they should NEVER lose to... that is why they play the game... it happens... it will continue to happen, to everybody, including IU and whoever the coach is.... if you jump off the cliff every time 1 of those games happens you will never be satisfied.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Agreed.  Too much driving against an active Texas defense isn’t doing us any favors.  Would love to see more ball movement and passes off of that than straight line drives with no angles.

This has been a problem since Day 1 Archie but could it be possible that it’s not easy for drives and kicks with this IU team as defenses can sag and clog the driving lanes as no one has proven to be able to consistently hit an outside shot. I can’t believe I’m typing this again but it doesn’t seem to be fixed despite adding Lander and Galloway. Durham seems to have the only obvious green light but it’s beyond frustrating watching the other guards become an absolute zero threat with the ball around the 3pt line

Seems as if a lot of our problems so far have been because of laziness -- mental and physical.

Sloppy, lazy passes. Not securing a defensive rebound before heading up court (we lost 2-3 of those). Not going to the bucket as hard as we need to.

We need to pick up the intensity. 

As bad as it was, it’s not out of reach yet. Gotta hit some good looks. TJD has to defend without fouling here. If he picks up an early 3rd, it’s over. Shaka gonna come for him this half. Know this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Seems as if a lot of our problems so far have been because of laziness -- mental and physical.

Sloppy, lazy passes. Not securing a defensive rebound before heading up court (we lost 2-3 of those). Not going to the bucket as hard as we need to.

We need to pick up the intensity. 

Someone asked who's jumping off a cliff, I want to jump on a Clif.