Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Providence Game MVP?

I also want to give a little shot out to Geronimo. Didn’t fill up the stat sheet and didn’t play the 2nd half (not much if he did), but I thought he played well within himself while he was in. Wasn’t afraid to get after it and didn’t back down. Also liked that he stepped right into his 3-point shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, JaybobHoosier said:

I also want to give a little shot out to Geronimo. Didn’t fill up the stat sheet and didn’t play the 2nd half (not much if he did), but I thought he played well within himself while he was in. Wasn’t afraid to get after it and didn’t back down. Also liked that he stepped right into his 3-point shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A sophomore Geronimo is going to be special.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A sophomore Geronimo is going to be special.

With his size, length, and athleticism he could play the 4 for longer stretches than I actually thought.  Of course, that's if he develops his game over the offseason to a point where he can consistently contribute.

I love that our freshmen don't have fear (most of the time).

I think Rob was on Duke most of the game but regardless of who defended him the most, Duke finished with only 12 points shooting just 3-12 from the field. 

I don’t know if I see Rob winning many of the MVP game awards, but I feel he will be the most under appreciated because he does a lot of things that can go unnoticed or not hit the stat sheet. His perimeter defense is so important for us this season and he’s stepped up so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Providence coach Ed Cooley on Race Thompson:v "I thought he was the player of the game by far, the best player on the floor. Manhandled us, absolutely manhandled us."

And this is why I don’t think Brunk will be a starter this year 

13 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I don’t know if I see Rob winning many of the MVP game awards, but I feel he will be the most under appreciated because he does a lot of things that can go unnoticed or not hit the stat sheet. His perimeter defense is so important for us this season and he’s stepped up so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If we get his stat line from this game for the season (11 points 5 assists, 0 turnovers) along with his great defense we will win a lot more games than I thought.  I'd like to see him step up in the leadership department a bit.