Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Providence - 11/30/20 @ 2:15 ET

I’ve yet to see a mock draft with him in the first round is all I’m saying 

Unless TJD develops a viable 3 pointer, he's not getting into the 1st round IMO. His current skill set puts him at the 5 in the NBA, but he's undersized for that. He needs to develop a bit of a handle and at least be able to consistently knock down open 20 footers.

Otherwise could wait to do those things and come back next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’ve yet to see a mock draft with him in the first round is all I’m saying 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've yet to see a mock draft with him in either the first or second round. 

IU fans have built up quite an echo chamber when it comes to this stuff. 

I just checked--seems like he is in the 40's on many draft boards.

That is a guy that might stay if one wants to speculate about such things.

Respect where it's due...Great job by our coaching staff getting this team prepared.  Excellent 21 point win!

Great point and one that will get lost to some degree. Coaches did a great job in this game.

Also liked watching Al, Armaan, and Trey attaching the glass trying to get rebounds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, fwgreenway said:

Great win by our Hoosiers. I absolutely love the way Trey Galloway plays. Always engaged every single moment on the floor. Does so many of the 'little' things. And Walton . . .

Walton was entertaining but there’s no way I could listen to him throughout an entire season. 

43 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

For the life of me I do not understand why a network would want Bill Walton as a color commentator. Good grief he was awful in every aspect including college basketball knowledge. Example: 8 second call......or wait it's 10 in college.....is that all of college? Summarizing but pretty damn close to what he said

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sadly, Snoop Dog seemed to express more boxing knowledge in one attempt than Bill Walton expresses about basketball most games.  

Yep, and not a big surprise as he does not have a BT ready body. It’s just game 2 and I’m confident he will have a very good career. My comment was more in regards to how he has probably been “the man” his entire life but he has jumped into a whole different arena at a very young age. 
He is not 17, turned 18 in August. Not disputing anything else, but we should know this is not true.1be8542adef07ac7fad85e37a0526533.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

For the life of me I do not understand why a network would want Bill Walton as a color commentator. Good grief he was awful in every aspect including college basketball knowledge. Example: 8 second call......or wait it's 10 in college.....is that all of college? Summarizing but pretty damn close to what he said

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

We live in an era where people would rather be entertained than informed.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We live in an era where people would rather be entertained than informed.

I can barely tolerate him as long as he's not doing an IU game, but when I care? Ughhh. Was muted most of the time today. I will admit he got a chuckle out of me when he led off with "The fate of the world hangs in the balance of this game" 

Also, I kinda noticed today that ESPN's stat updates suck. BTN does a much better job of keeping you informed of details during the game. 

I can barely tolerate him as long as he's not doing an IU game, but when I care? Ughhh. Was muted most of the time today. I will admit he got a chuckle out of me when he led off with "The fate of the world hangs in the balance of this game" 
Also, I kinda noticed today that ESPN's stat updates suck. BTN does a much better job of keeping you informed of details during the game. 

Agreed and ESPN just sucks in general. So many outlets do most everything better than them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wishful thinking.

He's going to have a great year. Doesn't mean he'll be maxed out every game.

YES, wishful thinking, but can't we have both a great year AND another season? 

I make no claim to be a NBA guy, but I don't see how TJD's current skill-set easily translates to the league. A 6'9" post player with solid, not spectacular athleticism? He'd be the 13th guy on most teams. Stay a 3rd year and develop the floor game.