Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Providence - 11/30/20 @ 2:15 ET

The game that was supposed to be played in the warmth and sunshine of Maui with sultry, sensuous, and sexy hula girls swaying in the background.  Instead, picture in your mind our very own @HoosierAloha wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a grass skirt sitting in a recliner with a cold beer and a fat cigar somewhere in Indiana as he watches our Hoosiers beat the Friars.

Televised on ESPN2 (Jason Benetti and Bill Walton) or you can watch at:  https://www.espn.com/watch/

Radio

Live Stats

Series History: Indiana leads, 1-0
Last Meeting:  IU 97, PC 79; 3/26/73

I'm hoping we get Brunk back for this game for more rebounding and toughness.  If we can get off to a better start than we have the past few years I like our chances.  Phin really needs to control this game from the tip.  Steady, mistake free from our guards and let TJD go to work down low.  Hitting a shot from outside would be nice too.  Hopefully, none of the youngins try to take over the game when they get in.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm hoping we get Brunk back for this game for more rebounding and toughness.  If we can get off to a better start than we have the past few years I like our chances.  Phin really needs to control this game from the tip.  Steady, mistake free from our guards and let TJD go to work down low.  Hitting a shot from outside would be nice too.  Hopefully, none of the youngins try to take over the game when they get in.

Did we ever get clarification on what Brunk was out for?

Just looking over Providence's roster to see the potential matchups in the starting 5.

Providence - Indiana

PG:  Bynum 5'10" - Phinisee 6'1"

SG:  Duke 6'5" - Durham 6'4"

SF:  Reeves 6'6" - Franklin 6'4"

PF:  Gantt 6'8" - Thompson 6'8"

C:  Watson 6'10" - Jackson-Davis 6'9"

The starting lineups are pretty easy but I want to see Thompson and Jackson-Davis to dominate the boards, especially the Thompson from the end of last season.  I'd also like to see Jackson-Davis going early and often.  I don't believe they have much after Watson that can guard Jackson-Davis 1v1.  Our guards hitting the outside shots would be a welcome change to free up space for TJD inside too.

No dumb turnovers and hit your freaking free throws!!!

8 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I jus hope we shoot better FT and 3PT shots.

The whining that comes with it is worse than the bad performance itself.

I can understand being a not so good 3PT shooting team, some players are poor shooters.  The FT shooting % is baffling.  I really can't understand how we can be that bad at converting from the line.  We don't have a player on this team who is individually horrible from the line but we consistently shoot poor a poor FT%.  HOW?!

Who steps up as the Robin to TJD's Batman?!  Coach Cooley is a solid coach and I believe he'll do his best to shutdown TJD, knowing it's their best chance to win.  Will they double TJD in the post?  If they do will it be a guard digging down with IU's limited ability to hit from outside or a forward coming from the weak side?  Will Phin and Durham get hot from outside and make them pay for over helping on TJD?

I'd like to see Phin and Durham step up and lead this team.  They can both be solid shooters and have shown it for stretches throughout their career.  Hunter also has the potential to contribute in the role of Robin.  I was happy to see him take smaller defenders to the block and get his back to the basket game going.

I'm ******* pumped for some meaningful basketball and to see how this team performs against real competition.

It's gameday *******!!!