Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

If You Could Add One Past Player.....

I am shocked this is even being debated further than one or 2 players. Cody or vic. I would have to go with Cody a solid big who can make free throws and get fouled. I guess 3 players could be argued in yogi. Since crean those are easily the three best players and each would benefit this team in different ways. I would love to see if they could still shoot or make free throws under archie Miller that would be interesting lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am shocked this is even being debated further than one or 2 players. Cody or vic. I would have to go with Cody a solid big who can make free throws and get fouled. I guess 3 players could be argued in yogi. Since crean those are easily the three best players and each would benefit this team in different ways. I would love to see if they could still shoot or make free throws under archie Miller that would be interesting lol.

I think I would say Senior Yogi myself.  Give us a floor General that can hit shots 

I think I would say Senior Yogi myself.  Give us a floor General that can hit shots 
Yes I thought of that and that is why I added him. I still go with cody I think he was the biggest impact player we have had since then imo. All great players though.

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Don’t forget guys, it’s players since when Crean was coach, nothing further back emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You're not my boss, I say George McGinnis! Ok that was before I was born, but his stats are ridiculous. If it was including the Knight era I would say Alford. Since we're limiting it to Crean.....I'd go with C-Wat as the best fit for what this team needs. He was a solid defender and clutch shooter.  

Phinisee, Durham, Hunter, Watford (circa 2013) and TJD with Lander, Galloway Race and Brunk off the bench. Not super athletic, but otherwise is a solid, well-rounded team that would compete with anyone, I would think.

17 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes I thought of that and that is why I added him. I still go with cody I think he was the biggest impact player we have had since then imo. All great players though.

If we have to take the player as a Freshmen I would say Cody for sure.  Such an instant impact guy.  That final minute against Michigan is how we should have played every game 

If we have to take the player as a Freshmen I would say Cody for sure.  Such an instant impact guy.  That final minute against Michigan is how we should have played every game 
Yea that is a key if we broke it down by grades cause vic wouldn't be a consideration as a freshman. Probably be 50 guys ahead of him or more lol

Yeah, Cody Zeller was a difference maker in every single aspect. Him and TJD would work fine together. Plus we could get out and run even more with 2 athletic bigs.

When we face the Mbakwe’s of the world we could put TJD on him. Lol.

This team sorely needs a confident shot maker that can hunt his shot. (Yogi, Blackmon) but almost always take a dominant big over a great guard.

TJD makes my starting 5 in recent era best Players. That says something. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I considered Hulls or Zeisloft, you can’t go wrong with their shooting ability. I went with Watford because I felt we needed more size on this team, but one who could be a good sharp shooter from outside.

I know Watford will always be known for the Wat-Shot or Wat-Block, but I will never forget how he brought us back at the end of the 1st half against VCU!!! Dude went off and that brought us back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I washing to mention Jordy or Nick maybe throw in Max B.

I picked Priller -- OK, not really. My pick was Cody or Vic. 

But I'm seeing a lot of folks say they'd add a shooter, such as Zeisloft or Jordy. 

If we wanted nothing but a shooter, I'd go with Matt Roth. IMO, that dude could stroke it better than anybody else we had in the past 20 years or so. I still remember we were playing the PUs on Senior Night eight or nine years ago. Roth already had knocked own a couple from distance and again, worked himself free and was wide open in front of the Toiletmakers bench.

Cody zipped a cross-court pass to him and as soon as Roth caught it, Matt Painter threw up his arms in disgust and Gus Johnson screamed, "Layup." Sure enough, Matty R. buried it. 

I picked Priller -- OK, not really. My pick was Cody or Vic. 
But I'm seeing a lot of folks say they'd add a shooter, such as Zeisloft or Jordy. 
If we wanted nothing but a shooter, I'd go with Matt Roth. IMO, that dude could stroke it better than anybody else we had in the past 20 years or so. I still remember we were playing the PUs on Senior Night eight or nine years ago. Roth already had knocked own a couple from distance and again, worked himself free and was wide open in front of the Toiletmakers bench.

Cody zipped a cross-court pass to him and as soon as Roth caught it, Matt Painter threw up his arms in disgust and Gus Johnson screamed, "Layup." Sure enough, Matty R. buried it. 

If taking shooters, James Blackmon Jr is at the top. Loved his running 3 at home against UNC and yelling down the court on the way back. Chills on that play!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app